Russian Crochet Magazine

xantha

I ordered a crochet magazine on ebay from a guy in Russia -- I liked the doilies on the cover and wanted the pattern for them. Also, I studied Russian for two years in college, and my DH is Russian (those are just coincidental). So I figured it would be interesting in many ways!

It's an interesting magazine. The majority of it is garments, mostly lacy see-through things. There are three crochet doilies and one tatting+crochet doily.

I took pictures of some of the items and thought some of you might like to see them! Click on the thumbnail to see the more detailed image at my gallery. :)

DSC_2220.thumb.jpg DSC_2223.thumb.jpg

DSC_2224.thumb.jpg

DSC_2225.thumb.jpg

Curious what a pattern looks like in Russian? Here's a snippet of one:

DSC_2222.thumb.jpg

I was just going to ask if they were charted patterns. I have some Russian snowflake patterns from a Yahoo group that are just gorgeous! Those look great!

Funny you mention this!

Our website has seen much activity coming in from:

http://club.osinka.ru/viewtopic.php

I'd love to know what is being said/mentioned. Too much too look through and translate thru Babelfish.

But those are great looking patterns...really thorough looking instructions...sort of what Magic Crochet does...

Thanks for sharing... :)

• 1 year later...
I was just going to ask if they were charted patterns. I have some Russian snowflake patterns from a Yahoo group that are just gorgeous! Those look great!

Julie, your post was from over a year ago, but do you have the URL for Russian crochet snowflakes? My January 10, 2006 post on my blog linked to a site for a crocheted snowflake pattern, in Russian, but it is broken, not working. It was brought to my attention, and I've been trying to find the correct link, but can't find the pattern. This post you made over a year ago came up in my Yahoo search, so thought I'd ask. :) Hope you still have your links, 'cause I have a feeling they're what I'm looking for.

Thanks, girl!

Here is a link to a Russian crochet website. I honestly do not remember where I found it, I don't think it was here, it may have been one of my groups :think. Since I don't speak or read Russian, I just clicked on everything to see where it would take me. WOW!

http.www.uzelok.ru/vashe.html

Apparently "cxema" will bring you to a pattern or graph.

Thank you, Victoria Rose, for the Russian site you mentioned.

I also found the Snowflake Site I was looking for and updated my blog on the Jan. 10, 2006 post. Here's the site.

http://ntl.narod.ru/rukodelie/snowflake/flakes.html

If you like for more snowflake patterns, you can find them there. There are no written directions, only symbol crochet, and really quite easy to figure out. Enjoy! :hook

Archived