My shopping finds!

I posted a thread in "Yarn Talk" about Hot Weather Yarn.

Well, yesterday I was in Big Lots and I found some yarn from Universal Yarn Inc, it's a cotton polyamide (?) blend and is light weight will be perfect for the summer tops I want to make.

CassySand.jpg

Sassiedessart.jpg

All together I have 18 skeins of yarn each for $1.00!! :cheer:clap

I then headed off to Wal-Mart where I found this great "mini" tote that is great for carrying around small projects.

Newtote.jpg

I have eight skeins of the yarn I bought from Big Lots stuffed inside and it fits perfectly! It has 8 pockets around the outside each with a vinyl pocket around it. Only the two you see here have flaps so it a great place to put my phone or MP3 playier that someone need to get me for my B-Bay. :D It also have 2 large pockets with Velcro on the inside! I just love this tote and for $4.97 I had to have it! They did have another one that looked more like a back pack and was somewhat larger for $9.00 something, but I liked this one.

For some reason hubby wasn't as excited about my finds as I was??? :lol

:clap You did really good. I know what you mean about getting really excited. I get excited about the littlest finds but my family looks at me like I'm really strange.:think

Don't worry about him/them, we'll be excited for you!:cheer

~ Debby

Wow! I'm going to Walmart tomorrow night...I'll have to check them for this tote bag. That's perfect! My dh will still be reeling over this totebag, so maybe he won't notice the dark brown RH Pounders I throw in the cart:lol

(I need black RH too, but smart people know not to push their luck!)

I just recently found out that there has been a Big Lots not too far from me. After reading about everyone's terrific yarn finds, I went looking. They had a few odds & ends, and there was nothing worthwhile. There wasn't even 2 of anything. They said they hardly ever have any yarn.

I love Big Lots yarn. I try to check there every other week or so, but sometimes my fiance catches on to what I'm doing and halts the yarn acquiring. That's a really cool tote too. I have a massive denim messenger bag that I got on clearance for $5 at Wal-Mart that I use for my projects.

I know that there would be other that appreciate my finds!! :lol I want to make some tank tops with the yarn. It get so hot here that I needed to find something light. I think the yarn is a WW, but I haven't checked yet.

My Big Lots didn't carry much yarn either. It was is a hamper the first time I saw it there, so I never checked again. When everyone stated saying what they found there I went back and was excited to see a whole bottom shelf with yarn! It was mostly fun fur and novelty yarns, they did have Lion Brand Suede in a beautiful red, but I couldn't buy any more at the time. (it was $1.50!)

:hook

Archived