Can you help these disabled kids make it to the Olymptics?? Holding a craft sale

dr-mom

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's GORGEOUS!!!!!! Great job, Bobbi and friends!!!!!!!!:manyheart

I have a couple ideas for other slogans for the group/for cafe press items, if you're interested, please let me know and I'll mail em to you!

xoxo

Ro

I totally love the new site! I've already made a purchase, I bought a raffle ticket and a butterfly fridgie (Who can refuse a butterfly fridgie??) Plus linked to ya'll on my site.

Thank you Ro for telling us - wow and again thank you for helping to make that happen, would you mind adding the new web site to your web site as well and can we add you to our site? Your are one fantastic lady - Pamela

Done! :) I put a big header at the top of the page to direct folks to the new official website. Thanks again to you and Bobbi too for linking back to PSF! :)

You're the one who is fantastic. I hope donations start rolling in bigtime!

:cheer:yay

Just visited the new web site. It looks great. Threes cheers for the lovely ladies who put it together. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Sorry to hear you were injured. Hope you mend quickly.

We are so privileged to be working with Pam and the gang. Thank you all for supporting them, visiting the site and all your wonderful compliments.

:manyheart

Bobi, Shelley and Kim

VV Designs

p.s. Yes we are thrilled to be a member of the chain gang!!!

Wow I can't belive a group of three dynamic women from California put their heads together to help a group of disabled adults from Minnesota make a dream come true and go to the Special Olumpics! the world is such a small place. I took a look at the web site of the chain gang - it is not totally up and running but Pamela says they hope it will be this next week. If you have a chance please join me in pm - ing the ladies from VV designs in the above email and tell them thank you - we ae so good at complaining but when someone deos something so wonderful we don't always take the time - Rosa

Chain Gang Update

Hello everyone. I wanted to update all of you on the happenings of the Chain Gang - those fantastic young people who are knitting and crocheting their way to the Special Olympics.

Many of you were aware that we had a craft sale scheduled for Father’s Day at our local

Wal-mart, weather was beautiful, could not have asked for a nicer day. We trooped out to Wal-mart only to be told by the manager - sorry the sidewalk is tore up - you can’t do it today - you have to be 15 feet from the front door - it is policy. Well we climbed back into the van - heads held high and not one tear until after we left the parking lot! What were we to do? All you wonderful folks had pitched in and sent crafts, no sales no Special Olympics.

Well thanks to three wonderful and dear women from VV designs, we have been rescued; they have put together a beautiful web page for us and a craft store. Please come and visit us there - www.thechaingangs.org - browse a while, look at our pictures, and feel free to shop! The craft shop is now open - please spread the word - with so many beautiful people out there offering to help us through donations, sending yarns, and crocheting their little fingers to the bone how can we not?!

Thank you all so much for making a dream come true for these young adults who have so many struggles in their lives, but face it all bravely, you are helping to make their dream come true.

Pamela

Proud to be a member of the Chain Gang

thegang@thechaingangs.org

www.thechaingangs.org

PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

VV Designs has donated new Chain Gang avator and banner designs for personal use on websites, threads, blogs etc. You can view them here:

http://www.thechaingangs.org/links.html

We are in the process of making more and would be happy to add any that you have designed yourself. PM us if you would like to make a submission and also make sure you include your name so we can give you credit for the design.

On another note, we will be designing the Spirit Rising website in the near future so those of you involved with crocheting for the families on Pine Ridge and similiar reservations, stay tuned !!!!

Warm Hugs,

Bobi, Shelley and Kim

While the kids have not yet covered their costs for the special olympics they are all ready talking about how they can help others - they have come up with and idea they want to make two of everything, one to sell and one to give to the kids at Pine ridge - what sweet hearts they said we can't let the babies and the grandpas freeze - with all they have to worry about they can think about someone else - we could use a 1000 moe like these in this world! Pamela

While Wal-mart blew us off the gang has not let it get them down! They have put their monies together and reserved a table at a large fall craft sale - it was $65 which was a lot of money for them, and while they may not be able to make it for the summer olumpics they are not going to let it stop them from going to the winter olympics - I give them a lot of credit. We would love any simple and good selling christmas craft ideas crochet or whatever - and any extra christmas yarns you might have - Pamela

Thank you Sam for posting about Wal-mart they really hit us hard by cancelling the craft table and not giving us notice so we could do something different. Out deadline for the summer program is the first weekend in August and unless we have huge sales from the web page I don't see the gang having enough - they had all ready decided that they all went or none went and they kept saving for the winter olympics - sure am proud of them for that! We can not thank everyone enough for helping us along the way - it was really a large amount of money for a group with this variety of disabilities to raise in a short amount of time - but they are proud and have their chins up - Pamela

"they had all ready decided that they all went or none went and they kept saving for the winter olympics - sure am proud of them for that! "

Awww, Pamela, that is so amazing...one for all and all for one! Please tell them that I'm proud of them, too for all that they're doing!

You all inspire me!!!

love,

Ro

The gang and I have been busy making rattles for the babies at Pine Ridge reservation, I am having a hard time finding small inexpensive containers. We use a small container with a good cover that seals like a prescription bottle for the inside of the rattle, fill it with rice, cover with yarn add a handle and wha la you have a rattle. WE could really use something a little shorter and fatter then the small prescription bottle. A friend of mine that used to work at a hospital, said that she they used a lot of small plastic containers that were just tossed. Also I designed a rattle that you put over an empty plastic syringe, and looks like a pencil real cute - if any of you out there might have access to small plastic containers, any shape but need to be little I can design almost anything to cover it with - teddy bears, ducks, etc. But it needs a good screw on cap, so that it seals and the rice won't come out. Thanks Pamela and the gang

Proud member of the Chain Gang

thegang@thechaingangs.org

www.thechaingangs.org/

I spoke with gang Leader Pamela Ann and asked her if I could be a mentor for one of the gang members - she said they had a member with the same name but from Brazila nd promounced different so we have begun to email each other. And I got to talk with her! I have found out that Pamela Ann does not tell us all - this dynamic lady opens her home for sometimes as many as 35 indivduals with special needs, power wheel chairs, abound, walkers, braces, and the list goes on. Simone says that Pamela feels like she is alwasy begging for the gang members, but can you imagine keeping 35 or more young peopel supplied with yarn and tools. I asked Simone how the donations were going and she said that people have been wonderful, but that most of their donations are little tiny balls of yarns, and that they dream of the day to have enough of one color of yarn to m ake a sweater or afghan or even a scarf, but she was very clear that she was not complaining. And that she was thinking me in every other word, I was only able to drag this out of her. Simone who is physicall pretty able said that she is sad as they have three or four memebrs who can not hold a hook, and that they still dream to have some type of knitting machine where you can just push the shuttle back and forth. Ok I just wanted to share because this has been fun . Simone ohmy gan members name is said (SEE) (MOAN) (EE)

cool huh

The other Simone

Talked with Pamela today and she said they are still hoping for Knitting machines and large hooks like the Mo-EZ hooks, they are one inch in diameter. I don't have any or they sure would be for the gang, can anyone out there help with the knitting machine or the large crochet hooks. I just sent today two boxes, each had coordnating yarns so the gang can make some afgahns for their next craft fair, I hear you probably won't be able to make the summer Olympics? Keep your chin up guys and gals I know you can do it I just sent a donation off to paypal right now for those that don't know the paypal address is thechaingang@comcast.net

was pretty easy and i could even put it on my charge card.

Good luck we are rooting for you -

Hey all,

Pamela and I wanted to let you all know that we have the charity group ready to go.

We are calling it Crafting For A Cause in yahoo groups. We have decided to include all crafters that would like to help. Crocheters, knitters, quilters, sewers, beaders, woodworking, leather work etc...

To start off we will be including Pine Ridge Reservation, Kids going through cancer treatments at UC Davis in CA

Pamela's Chaing gang and other special needs children.

We also will support a different chairity a month. We are on the ground floor right now so come along and join us.

I wanted to let everyone know that we rented a table at an offical community craft sale for October - won't let the kids get hurt again like they did at Wal-mart and be turned awaw - theya re working hard, but I just wanted to send out a plea if any of you have any things they would like to donate - some things you have made that we could sell it would be so appreciated. Pamela

dr-mom, I have sent you an e-mail requesting your address so that I can send you a box of yarn and hooks. So, please be sure to check your e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you. :manyheart

Archived