Can you help these disabled kids make it to the Olymptics?? Holding a craft sale

dr-mom

I rented a table at a craft sale - no more being turned away for these kids - set me back $85.00 but I wanted to see the smile on their face. Now here I am begging again - the kids are working as hard as they can but we need some help if you have any items that you would be willing to donate for our sale we would be ever so grateful - thank you in advance because I know this gorup always come through for us - Pamela

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got some left-over 5x7 inch crocheted and knitted squares that need to be whip-stitched into a lapghan or two. I could send those and a few other things.

Just pm me with your address and I'd be glad to help! :)

I can not tell you how much we appreciate this offer - every thing helps no matter how big or small the gang is really working hard but for some of them it is so painstakingly hard but they smile through it all - little things big things what ever any crocheter might have will be greatly appreciated. Pamela

We holding a craft sale - I rented a table - cost $85 - wowee - is that usual? But I know the kids won't be turned away this time. the Sale is the end of October any anything you might have made up that is just stashed away in your closet would be fantastic. Would like to have in by 10/15 so the kids can do all their own organizing. This group is so wonderful I know you will be able to helo us

Send to

The Chain Gang

6922 East fish lake Road

Maple Grove, MN 55369

Thank you in advance for reading this and for caring

Pamela

In my closet I have a bunch of mittens that I have crocheted. I am more then happy to send them to you . I don't need any type of receipt. It gives me a great joy to be able to do this. I probably have at least a dozen pairs. I'm sure I can add some :hook as well. I will have to dig through the closet. Don't be surprised if you find some extra supplies in the box. It is my pleasure to be able to help.

Thank you for thinking of us - this is so great - we have no mittends at all for the sale - and is something a little too tricky for the gang as yet - the kids are really working hard - but for some every stitch is painstaking and they want it to be perfect, but when their fingers are gnarled and twisted it can be very difficult - but they always carry on with a smile, this is just wonderful - Pamela

Today a car pulled up in my drive way a gal and her three teens or perhaps tweens - and they had a truck full of boxes for the gang sent by Tween - they were coming from SD to Mall of American and said they would drop them off - thank you ever so much Miss Tween by the way Miss Vemillion I am from Flandreau! Any other SD people on crochetville! Pamela

I just dug everything out of my closet and I will be able to donate 31 pairs of mittens that I have made. That should help you out at least a little bit with your craft fair. As soon as I can afford to mail them I will. It will probably be about 2 weeks from now.:manyheart:hug I am very happy to be able to help you and your kids out.

I can not tell you how wonderful this is - thank you for reaching out to us - I am just sitting here about in tears - was just thinking how will we ever pull this off - the kids works so long and so hard - but it takes a long time to make anything of any size - thank you for reaching out to us - would you have any interesst in joining the support group for our gang - itis a yahoo group - just email me at

thechaingang@comcast.net

Pamela

Just a few minutes ago we were the most popular news story on Yahoo. Oh My GOSH I can't believe this.

http://tinyurl.com/awhrs

I know I sent this announcement to some of you earlier today. But we need your help. Please follow the link below and rate the story (5 stars would be great) and if you can please email the story from yahoo (link at the bottom of the page) to at least one person and ask them to do the same.

Our little grass roots PR is working. The gang has already started to get donations not to mention the exposure for our little company.

Love and Blessings, Pamela -- \

http://tinyurl.com/awhrs

The card is so sweet:manyheart Did you receive the square from them also?

I do know that the gang sends a thank you to everyone. No matter how big or small the donation:yay :yay

pamela, i have a couple scarfs i can donate. will see if i can make more things, won't be able to ship until after sept as money is tight right now as taxes are due soon, but will do what i can to help these great kids. by the way, i have the apple they made me and send me along with the card on my fridge for all to see. several of my kids friends have commented on how great a job they did . am teaching some of these kids to crochet and maybe they can help also, will put the word out to them. good luck, and god bless. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

• 4 weeks later...

Here is what I have made to send to you for the craft fair. I will hopefully be mailing them out on the weekend of Sept. 17th. There are 31 Pairs of mittens all different sizes. Some of them I made without thumbs. It was always a challange for me to place mittens on my childrens hands when they were young. It is easier when there are no thumbs. There is also 3 dish clothes and 1 sweater. I have managed to stuff them into two flat rate boxes. Don't ask how.

47b5d728b3127cce93a7858111ae00000016108AZOWbNm5cuG

47b5d728b3127cce93a79a5651ee00000016108AZOWbNm5cuG

I hope this will help.

I am so overwhelmed by your generousity I do not know what to even say - this is beyond my greatest expectations - thank you so very much this is unbelievable

Thank you from the very bottom of my heart - you will make such a differency in the lives of theses young people.

Pamela

Archived