In Search of a Rectangular Granny Afghan

Syncrochetnity

Question

Many months ago some creative crocheter posted a photo of a beautiful granny afghan in a rectangle shape instead of the common square. The rectangle shape made it more twin bed friendly.

Was the pattern ever posted? I would love to make one and get rid of some yarn stash.

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 answers to this question

how about starting with this..

Rectangle Square

and then just keep working it larger?

I used that one to make my youngest a blanket (you can see a picture here - sorry I don't have a better one - there's another one of it here at the bottom of that post). Worked out well. You'd want to make the original chain longer if you want it to go on a twin bed - I think maybe twice the length, I can't remember.

There are quite a few ladies who have made them - I know Chelle did one right before I did mine, and I've seen a couple others since.

I have used that retangle granny pattern. Works up very nicely. I gues by increasing the chains you can make it as long as you like. I have wip using Lion Homespun and an L hook..

Here is a link for a rectangle granny afghan -- a free pattern on the bernat site. You have to become a member to get their free patterns but it is free to join.

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=203

Barbara

Archived