Tough guys need hooks too!

My husband is going to school to be a gunsmith, and on his list of required supplies is a "size 4 steel crochet hook"!! :lol

He asked me to go get him one, because he had no idea about how to find the right one, THEN he gave me other classmates' money and asked if I could pick up theirs as well! :D

I just hope he doesn't lose it and go into my stash looking for a replacement!!!!

That was not what I was expecting to read when I opened this thread! Now you have me curious. Has he explained to you what a gunsmith needs a crochet hook for?

It is used as a tool for either a repair or to take a certain model apart--i will have to ask him again. kinda makes you wonder who came up with it first and how they got the idea to use that paticular hook--someone, somewhere got into his wife's hooks, i wonder how she felt about that....:D

When women first began to frost their hair, they used small steel crochet hooks to pick the hair and pull it through the frosting caps. I did this a number of times when I worked in a beauty salon.

That reminds me that I need to go get a long handle, double end hook, for my shower drain cleaning. :lol Crochet hooks can be handy for many things....it's like a staple tool, like a screwdriver and hammer.

it just goes to show you should never be without your hooks...never know when one might be needed

What a wild idea? Who would have thought a hook could be used as a tool?

And to have men be required to have one on them is pretty interesting.

Cherokee2 I remember in 2000 buying a kit with a cap and the hook was missing. I saw the picture on the box and said to my friend helping me...WAIT I have a crochet hook we could use.

It was a size E, worked very well, lol.

I have a steel crochet hook that I inherited from my great grandmother. The business end was crushed and not any good for crochet anymore. Turns out it since it is a really small hook I use it for tying knots when I'm making jewelry with beads. It allows me to get the knot itself as close to the bead as I want before tightening completely up.

Archived