Shawler CAL

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you send Shelle and email and let her know she will probably put more on the site.

I wanted to purchase this Shawler pattern but it says it's sold out :(. Is there something I didn't read in earlier posts?

I see JoAnns has homespun on sale this week so I'm going to go pick up a few skeins to finally get me started on this. :yay November will come quicker than I think if I keep putting it off. :lol

I bought the pattern a week or so ago and have talked to Shelle a couple of times about Homespun. I didn't like it. She told me to try it again and use a bigger hook. I also have gotten new glasses since I didn't like homespun!! i went to Hobby Lobby today and got enough to make Shelle's Pow Wow shawl. So far, with a size L hook, I am doing pretty good with it. I think I might take advantage of that sale this week also.

I see JoAnns has homespun on sale this week so I'm going to go pick up a few skeins to finally get me started on this. :yay November will come quicker than I think if I keep putting it off. :lol

I bought the pattern a week or so ago and have talked to Shelle a couple of times about Homespun. I didn't like it. She told me to try it again and use a bigger hook. I also have gotten new glasses since I didn't like homespun!! i went to Hobby Lobby today and got enough to make Shelle's Pow Wow shawl. So far, with a size L hook, I am doing pretty good with it. I think I might take advantage of that sale this week also.

How much is the Homespun at Joann's? I paid 2 for $9.00, Michaels had irt alittle cheaper this week, but I did not get any.:( This was the first time for me working with Homespun and with the K hook I had no problems at all.

It was $4.00 at Joann's. I paid $5.99 today at Hobby Lobby.

I think the reason I had trouble before was because I needed new glasses. I had been wearing the same lenses for about 5 years. I needed new bifocels. I might try it with a size K for the shawler though.

It was $4.00 at Joann's. I paid $5.99 today at Hobby Lobby.

I think the reason I had trouble before was because I needed new glasses. I had been wearing the same lenses for about 5 years. I needed new bifocels. I might try it with a size K for the shawler though.

I hear you on the bifocals, I got mine a year ago, crochet has gotten much easier:hook:hook I also got the bifocal contacts, I can't crochet when I wear them:(

I'm not going to go with the contacts. I am just sticking with the glasses. I can look under them if I really can't see semething through the bifocals. There are times when I am making something that I really need to have it closer and not use the glasses.

Like, frogging something that I had already tucked in!!LOL

I'm not going to go with the contacts. I am just sticking with the glasses. I can look under them if I really can't see semething through the bifocals. There are times when I am making something that I really need to have it closer and not use the glasses.

Like, frogging something that I had already tucked in!!LOL

he he he, totally OT, but there are times working with thread that I use a big magnifier on a loop around my neck, (DH thinks I am such a dork) can you tell I am blind as a bat:lol but I love to crochet and use different threads and yarn, gotta do what ya have to:D

I can't wait to get started on this. I am about half way on my Pow Wow shawl that is my take along and I think the shawler will be a take along also for a while till I am done with The Ohio State afghan. I ordered yarn for the Shawler the other day. I just can't remember what color I ordered!!!!!!LOL

:yay Yay for you! I'm glad you gave HS another chance. It gets easier, and soon you can just 'sense' where the stitches are. Can't wait to see pics - haven't seen anybody's PW Shawl yet. :hyper

I got some Homespun Barrington color for the Pow Wow. I will send you a pic Shelle when I get it done. I was even able to sit at our son's soccer game yesterday afternoon and crochet with the Homespun. I think that getting the new glasses really has made a difference. I am really kinda liking it right now. It works up really pretty!!!

Would it be possible to crochet the shawler in homespun by placing the stitches between the stitches of the previous row?

Yes, it sure would! It would make it a little thicker though. And it would eat up a little more yarn than usual. I've made ponchos that way. :yes It looks very nice, too.

I did my Shawler in Barrington. :) It's earlier in the thread somewhere, and on Shelle's blog. I LOVE the color!

I got some Homespun Barrington color for the Pow Wow. I will send you a pic Shelle when I get it done. I was even able to sit at our son's soccer game yesterday afternoon and crochet with the Homespun. I think that getting the new glasses really has made a difference. I am really kinda liking it right now. It works up really pretty!!!

Gonna have to go back in a bit and find it!!!

I just checked my Joann invoice and I ordered the color Windsor!!

I did my Shawler in Barrington. :) It's earlier in the thread somewhere, and on Shelle's blog. I LOVE the color!

ok, I have my pattern, and I think I have enough yarn. but I have a couple of questions.

first off, I am 5'2". and I read someone who was 5'4" did only 32 rows. Would that work for someone that is plus size? The 32 rows I mean. I wear a 2x, and just wondering if it would go around me enough?

also, were there ever directions for the shawl collar?

I like this. I am going to have to remember that this is here when I finally get to work on mine!!!

Okay, here's how to do a collar, if you prefer that instead of the hood.

Two ways - In the first picture, it's simply the first 7 rows of the hood. Period. But, if you like the way the collar looks on the White Shawl better, you do an increase in the first and last stitch of every row, starting with the 2nd row. In other words, Row 1: Work your 44 dc same as for the hood. Rows 2 thru 4,5,6,or 7 (however big you want your collar): Work 2 dc in first dc, dc in ea dc to last dc, 2 dc in last dc, ch 2, turn. Repeat Row 2 until you're happy with the size of collar.

Shawler1-1.jpg

Homespun Tudor

Shawler.jpg

Whitecape2.jpg

Bernat Softee Chunky

Archived