Shawler CAL

oh my well im working on my second half now then im sure I will have to have step by step directions to put it together rotfl, im the slow learner never made anything wearable before , bear with me this putting together could be a long processs lol.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Honey it's so easy. Once you've made one, you'll see how simple it is. Just follow the drawing in the pattern. Also, there's sort of a tutorial earlier in this thread. :hook You can do it!

oh my well im working on my second half now then im sure I will have to have step by step directions to put it together rotfl, im the slow learner never made anything wearable before , bear with me this putting together could be a long processs lol.

You can do it!:cheer

lol yea okay thanks for the encouragement i have less than 10 rows to go and i need to understand how to put it together. i leave a gap somewhere in the center of sewing it right then on one of those sides i do the hood somehow?

lol yea okay thanks for the encouragement i have less than 10 rows to go and i need to understand how to put it together. i leave a gap somewhere in the center of sewing it right then on one of those sides i do the hood somehow?

Just follow the instructions in the pattern. You sew the back seam, then crochet the hood on. See post #323 for a diagram and explanation.

well i have it all sewn I want to do the hood and cuffs tonite, I am hoping that I understand here is what I did. I counted out 48 sts on both sides and put a stitch marker, that leaves around 56 sts. total for the hood not sure if that was right or not. Im gonna try to look at the pics again for the cuffs what I see ad what I picture it doing are not the same I see how its started and you just work in the chain part, what I dont understand is it looks to me like each time you do a row of the ch you slip stitch into a st. on the wrist both sides but I cant understad how you have an arm hole if thats right. I promise this should be the last time I bug ya all lol.

Okay so I changed the hood I decided to go with the 44 that was in the pattern and I just counted up 22 sts. on each sideof the V so we shall see how that works lol stay tuned.

Andrea, after you get the cuff done, you sew the first row to the last row and then a few rows up the arm to make the sleeve, I think as you go along it should become clear. Hope this helps.

Got my 4th Shawler done. This one is made with Plymouth Boku, 95% wool, 5% silk. Whatcha think?

ShawlerBokufront.jpgShawlerboku3.jpg

My camera isn't very good. These pics don't do it justice. The colors in this yarn are really rich and gorgeous.

Got my 4th Shawler done. This one is made with Plymouth Boku, 95% wool, 5% silk. Whatcha think?

ShawlerBokufront.jpgShawlerBokuback.jpg

My camera isn't very good. These pics don't do it justice. The colors in this yarn are really rich and gorgeous.

:cheerThat is gorgeous! I love those colors too...it is for me right? I can pm you my address! :rofl

Thanks Theresa for the input unfortunately that part wast my problem it is hard for me to describe, from the pics it appeared that you sl. st on one side of the wrist ch 13 then go to the other side of the wrist sl st in that end. sc across the ch, to the other side sl st again........ does that make sense rotfl, anyhow doesnt matter now the hood is done and im hoping that it looks right when i put it on, one cuff is done and sewn and almost done with the second one, I have one more skein left (i bought 6) im hoping that I will be able to do all the trim with that one. I am working hard to get all this done tonite and basically that is all i have left to do. I am so excited to get this finished. Thanks to all of you for all your help, especially you Shell.

Oh my you dont want to really see pics of the first ever wearable I did not to mention that I have never gotten past the first half of a row with homespun without throwin it do ya rotfl

Of course I (we) want to see it!! I'm sure it's going to look fine. How do you like the Homespun now - getting a little more used to it? It takes a little patience at first. I've been using it for years and I love it, but I know a lot of people don't love it. :( You can substitute any yarn you want though. Lion Brand Chunky or Bernat Softee Chunky would be similar in weight to Homespun. I've also made them with Lion Brand Wool-ease, which is worsted weight. You might have to add rows. Also, I started with 40 dc instead of 30. (details in an earlier post about the grey shawler)

I have finally gotten the first half finished. The are length looks fine for my DD so far. Hopefully I will start the second half today. I showed my mom the picture of the pattern on Friday and she loved it. :lol I didn't tell her I am planning on making her one for Christmas this year. :devil

ShawlerBokufront.jpgShawlerboku3.jpg

That yarn is YUMMY!!!!! Beautiful! I have to get working on mine again. I lost alot of precious crochet time this weekend, had to get the garden planted.

all I have left is the trim and the button but its almost 11 pm here so I pry wont get to it tonite. I am charging the cam now so i can take pics of it to. My hood is a little pointy though not to sure what i did there but tis alright im very proud of it .

Here's a picture of my first wearable. :) Thanks Shelle & everyone for the helpful info along the way! It was a great experience.

It is Homespun in the color Barrington, which is a dark purple with specks of green, blue, etc. I wish the button detail could be seen well; it is an uncanny precise match to the Barrington!

KeeshaShawler5-08.jpg

Here's a picture of my first wearable. :) Thanks Shelle & everyone for the helpful info along the way! It was a great experience.

It is Homespun in the color Barrington, which is a dark purple with specks of green, blue, etc. I wish the button detail could be seen well; it is an uncanny precise match to the Barrington!

KeeshaShawler5-08.jpg

Beautiful!! You picked a great color. May I add your pic to my blog???

:cheer:clap:yay

all I have left is the trim and the button but its almost 11 pm here so I pry wont get to it tonite. I am charging the cam now so i can take pics of it to. My hood is a little pointy though not to sure what i did there but tis alright im very proud of it .

YAY!! Can't wait to see it! I'm sure you did it just fine - my hood is a little pointy, too. My most recent one is very pointy, because I didn't do the decreases. If you want to eliminate the 'point', you can turn the hood wrong side out, lay it flat (as though you were lying on your back, wearing it), and sew across just an inch or two down from the point. When you turn it right side out, you'll have a flat little seam at the top instead of the point. :hook

Archived