What/where is this?

diamond

Question

I'm not sure if this post should go here or in Seeking Patterns, but here goes. I'm looking for the pattern or instructions to make this edging/attachment to join motifs/squares together. This comfortghan was given to me in 2000 when my mother passed away by a another forum group (which I am embarrassed to say, I can't remember which group). In any case, does anyone know where I can find the pattern/instructions to this? It's sort of like a lattice work and it's very pretty. I'm thinking of using it on Patti's comfortghan if I can find the pattern somewhere. Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about:

squareattachment1sq.th.jpg

Click image for larger view.

Thanx in advance for any and all help in this.

10 answers to this question

Would something like this work?

sc, *ch7 (or whatever), sk 4, sc, repeat

On other block:

sc, ch 3, sc in center ch st of first block's ch7, ch 3, sk 4, sc (on second block).

Work back and forth between the blocks to attach ch sts with a sc.

Coralie: Thanx, that's a cool way to join. I may end up using that if I can't find the other. May even use it just cuz!

Fran: Thanx, I'll test out your directions and let you know.

Elizabeth: Thanx, I'll check out Drew's blog and see what's there. Maybe he'll see this thread and know.

Y'all are the greatest. :ghug

Fran's directions looks like what your join is, except I think sl st into the center of the ch-7 to join would work better, that's how it's usually done.

:frog

**what is that undeerneath? Is there another joining under the diamonds?

No, the afghan is folded in half and lain across the back of my sofa...so you're seeing the other half.

No, the afghan is folded in half and lain across the back of my sofa...so you're seeing the other half.

Ok, I really think that it looks like the lattice joining method that a lot of the Heartmade Blessings members use for their ghans. Let me see if I can find out where it is at

hi i have used that method for years. is sooo easy to do, all you have to do is ch whatever number of chains you want. 7 is a good number, then skip the stitch across the square from you(other square) and sc in it, ch 7 go back to first square, skip 2 then sc do that until it is joined. is a easy beautiful way to join things together:hug vicki

Archived