Yet another potholder

crochetfun

This time in Bosnian crochet. Technically, in backloop slip stitch.

(some would argue that Bosnian crochet is strictly slip stitch, i.e. both loops)

Regardless, the fabric created by this is extremely dense, very much suited to this purpose.

(Sorry about the boring yarn, but I might as well use it up)bpot.jpg

bpotfront.jpg(It is actually square)

This looks just like the Magic Square potholder by Coats & Clark's, except they use sc in back loop only. I love this pattern -- it's so versatile! I think your "boring yarn" looks pretty cool!

Susan Rae

This looks just like the Magic Square potholder by Coats & Clark's, except they use sc in back loop only. I love this pattern -- it's so versatile! I think your "boring yarn" looks pretty cool!

Susan Rae[/quote

Yes, I guess there are a few versions of it. My original one was from chezcrochet. Both of those patterns stitch the centre seam, I don't, because this way I get a better grip. So, in order to make it more heatresistant I have made the same with double yarn/sc, slipstitch, and that double thick method I described in my "New Improved potholder "

thread.

The last two proved to be the best.:)

As for my boring yarn, it's a large ball of handicrafter's cotton, I can't get to the end of it.

I don't think it's boring at all! (Though I have had those endless skeins myself and they DO get boring lol)

A lady I was caregiver for several years ago taught me how to make a potholder like that. They're by far my favorite because they're so thick!

Great job :)

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived