what's with photobucket these days??

No issues on my end..mine uploaded pretty quickly...might be the time of day. You know that whole "peak" time thing. :D I just uploaded pictures this last weekend and didn't have any issues..sorry:think

I wasn't able to upload anything when trying to use my Netscape browser. When I switched to Internet Explorer, I didn't have any problem uploading at all. So if you have access to a different browser, try it and see if it works better. :)

I've had trouble with photobucket in a different way.

When someone here has their work on photobucket, I'll click on it to go look, and yes, it loads slowly.

I'll look at the item, then click back to here. I'm fine up to that point. When I click back out of the thread I'm in, my computer freezes up. I am stuck right there. I cannot go back, ahead or anywhere.

If I hold down, Control, Alternate and Delete, I can sometimes get out by clicking on End Task. Sometimes it will still not move, and the message is that the computer has become unstable. Then I have to shut it off manually, which is not really recommended, but is the only thing that works.

This only happens after I've been on photobucket and I don't like it. I'm going to have to stop clicking on there unless someone has a solution.

Real deal, if you Shift click to go to photobucket, it will open in a new browser. Actually, every link I click from here opens in a new browser; maybe you should check your settings :think

I have been hearing complaints about Image Shack elsewhere and I just this week asked them to delete my account because I could not use it at all. They never let me get to my pics or let me upload there.. ucky ucky puh, puh, :eek

Maybe it's an image issue. :wlol

I've not had any problems either.

...Real Deal, this may not help, but it can't hurt--try "cleaning out the cobwebs" (this should be done daily, or at least weekly, regardless)

In Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Delete>Delete All. You will lose saved passwords and will have to sign into sites again.

In Program>Accessories>System Tools>Disk cleanup

There are other things you can do as well, but give these a try.

No problems at this end either, although they insist on giving you stuff to read before you can actually upload/download. So they're making changes and it may affect the service down the road.

Thanks ladies. I told my techie sister too. They're snagging onto something in my computer memory that doesn't want to let go. I'll give everything a good cleaning.

Archived