Would Anyone Like To Help?

Elle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I received a package from ScoobyDoo0811. TheLadyWind, I checked and your package arrived the middle of last week. If I forgot to note that, PLEASE forgive me! Thank you SO MUCH! Nana K and GrannyAnnie, your squares arrived last week. I sent you both PMs but my computer was EXTREMELY slow that night, so I guess the connections timed out before they went through. To both of you, also, HUGE apologies for not also posting it on the board, and MANY THANKS!!

Teakaycee and Niki2short05, I kept all of the little notes that were enclosed with the squares as well as all of the return addresses off the envelopes, and I don't see your packages anywhere. Don't panic yet, though, because our post office is notoriously slow. I'm actually kind of shocked that so many of the squares have gotten here already, because I was figuring it was going to take a good 2 to 3 weeks for them to start bringing them to me. I sometimes think that they just let stuff pile up out there and bring it out when it's worth their while to make a trip to the outskirts of town. I will PM and/or post as soon as they arrive. I think right now the only other one I am waiting for is from Pawz, but I will go back and check again.

Oh......... that makes me so sad that you didnt get my square.

I check my receipt and I mailed it out 18 March 08 at 8:03am Priority Mail $4.68 for shipping.

I'm so sorry.......

I guess I better get working on a new one for you.

:mug

Oh......... that makes me so sad that you didnt get my square.

I check my receipt and I mailed it out 18 March 08 at 8:03am Priority Mail $4.68 for shipping.

I'm so sorry.......

I guess I better get working on a new one for you.

Tammy if you have your receipt from the PO you should be able to track the package I think:think

priority mail has tracking on it.

I mailed out a my squares on the 21st just first class hope you received them soon. :)

you might need to go into your PO and see if they have left any laying around.

hugs,

sissie

I talked to my postal lady this week and she said for me not to panic yet. Apparently TX is known to be the black hole for mail.... DARN!:think

So... before any of us start to worry too much... she said give it a bit longer... crazy huh?!

I sure hope you get the square I made you Elle! If it gets to be too much longer though... I'm going to make another and try mailing again.

:hug:manyheart:hug

:thinkHey hon................ just checkin' in.... to see if you got my square... and how your 'ghan is coming along.

how's everything going?

i mailed mine awhile ago i sure hope they didnt get lost:( it was 3 purple ones with hearts i hope they get there.....

niki

Niki, your squares arrived! I just love them, and the color is beautiful! Many, many thanks!

:thinkHey hon................ just checkin' in.... to see if you got my square... and how your 'ghan is coming along.

how's everything going?

I'm so sorry I've been slacking in responding on this thread. I haven't been online too much at all lately, the hotel is full and I've been on duty pretty much 'round the clock. Even when I'm not officially working at the desk I've been busy taking care of other things. I just keep telling myself that this isn't forever, and all these people will go home in a few weeks! :lol

I did get your square, Teakaycee. Thanks SO much for your help in this project!

I might as well use this post to update everyone on what is going on...

I was lining the squares up to put them together, when I noticed that there was quite a size difference between some of them. My cousin's surgery has been postponed until the first Monday of May, so thankfully this buys me some time. What I have decided to do is, in order to even out the size differences between the squares, and also to make it easier to stitch it together, I am putting a border on the squares using Red Hear in the color Aran. On the large squares I'm putting one row of DC around the outside, and on the smaller squares I'm adding as many rows as necessary (in some cases as much as three rows) to make them the same size as the larger squares. That way each square will have the Aran outside and it will make it a LOT easier to match up the edges for joining. At this point I have 15 more squares to go and I will have the border on all of them, and then I will put them together. As soon as I finish, I will take pics and post them. I may have to borrow a camera to do it, because right now my own digital camera is on the fritz, but my best friend (she also lives here) is buying a new digital at the end of the month for herself, so I will use that if I have to in order to show everyone what it looks like. All I can say is that, judging by the quality of everyone's squares, this is going to be one absolutely GORGEOUS piece!!!!! I'm very excited, because at the end of July, my cousin is moving to Texas to live with us, and I can't wait, not only because I miss her like crazy and can't wait to see her again after almost 7 years, but because the afghan will be coming with her, and I can see it all the time! :lol I'm probably as excited about the afghan coming to live with us as I am about her! :lol

Many, many, many thanks again to EVERYONE who made this possible! You're all so wonderful and caring, I consider myself very lucky to know you all! Thank you so much, and I send you all love and thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Hi--just wondering if my square made it:)

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't received it, Pawz. The last package I received was the one from Niki with the three squares with the hearts, and that was received the day after you posted that you were mailing yours. I haven't received anything since. It could still arrive, however, since our post office leaves much to be desired in terms of promptness. So I know what I am looking for, what does it look like? This way, if it comes in and DH opens it, I will know it is new and I'll know it's yours.

I have a square or two I can put in the mail as well. PM me your address and I'll get them to you this weekend.

Thank you so much! Now that I have more time to work on the 'ghan, it would be great if you want to do that! I've sent you a PM. :)

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't received it, Pawz. The last package I received was the one from Niki with the three squares with the hearts, and that was received the day after you posted that you were mailing yours. I haven't received anything since. It could still arrive, however, since our post office leaves much to be desired in terms of promptness. So I know what I am looking for, what does it look like? This way, if it comes in and DH opens it, I will know it is new and I'll know it's yours.

Wow, your post office sounds like mine:lol the square was striped, purple every 2 rows and pastel with light purples in it. hope you get it soon---I didn't have a border around it, so I believe it was 12 in without.

sheree

Hi, just checking to see if my square ever got there:) I wish i'd taken a picture of it, or added ins. to the envelope at least:eek

I'm just checking to see if my square made it since it's been 10 days. I guess next time I'll insure mine too.

the post office here told me that anytime i mail into texas or AZ to alway put the DC on it as for some reason that are the two states that seem to lose the mail on a reg bases:think

Archived