Care Bear CAL

Nope, still a mushroom :lol. I did the muzzle and part of one ear, but haven't sewn them on yet.

Well, what does it look like now? I'm anxious to find out.

I'm on row 64 of my afghan. I can't wait to get this background done, so I can start the cross stitching part of it. 64 of 158 isn't to bad. I hope to get more of crocheted later today.

Blessings,

Lynn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really tempted to join this cal, I have a care bear that is a wip and has been for more than a year, I don't know what happened I just put it down and didn't pick it back up. I am working on some cradle purses and a baby ripple ghan, but once those are finished (I hope to have them all finished by April 15, so I think about it until then.

Well, what does it look like now? I'm anxious to find out.

I'm on row 64 of my afghan. I can't wait to get this background done, so I can start the cross stitching part of it. 64 of 158 isn't to bad. I hope to get more of crocheted later today.

Blessings,

Lynn

A mushroom with ears :lol Just kidding, since I put the ears on, it seems less mushroomy. I was going to use the embroidery floss I have to avoid locating and buying crochet thread. But I don't like how it works. So now I have to find the thread. I only have the decorations to do (mouth, nose, lollipops, hearts) and then put everything together. Even though the instructions say to attach the stomach and muzzle and THEN add the decorations, I decided to add the decorations before attaching. I think/hope it'll be easier.

Is there a book or does someone sell how to make the care bear stuffed animals (crochet) My neice LOVES the care bears!

There's a book, "Care Bear Crochet Characters" I ordered mine from Joann's website.

Is there a book or does someone sell how to make the care bear stuffed animals (crochet) My neice LOVES the care bears!

I got mine at wal-mart but that was some time ago, and I don't think they carry it anymore. I have seen it on ebay as well is in catalog's, can't remember if it was annie's attic, mary maxim, or herrsheners......but I am thinking it was mary maxim.

I have seen it on ebay, but haven't seen it anywhere else. I'm considering ordering me a copy. I know my little girl would love to have a few.

Blessings,

Lynn

A mushroom with ears :lol Just kidding, since I put the ears on, it seems less mushroomy. I was going to use the embroidery floss I have to avoid locating and buying crochet thread. But I don't like how it works. So now I have to find the thread. I only have the decorations to do (mouth, nose, lollipops, hearts) and then put everything together. Even though the instructions say to attach the stomach and muzzle and THEN add the decorations, I decided to add the decorations before attaching. I think/hope it'll be easier.

A mushroom with ears!! :lol Well, hopefully, it will soon lose the mushroom appearance. It would seem it would be easier to do the decoration's before attaching. Let us know if it is.

I'm on row 76 of this afghan. My daughter is getting antsy about seeing the bear go on it. I am too. :blush I think I'm as excited as she is. I'm hoping to get all the row's done this week, so that I can start cross-stitching in the bear. Keeping my finger's crossed on that. Then I'll have to start on Funshine bear and then Bedtime bear. I would like to make me one as well. LOL

Blessings,

Lynn

I will join in. But I will be crocheting the actual dolls. I just got the book and now my daughter wants me make her one.This will be fun. It will help get me started.

Kim

So thrilled to see so many joining us for this CAL. This is going to be so much fun.

Well, I have 96 row's of the 158 row's for the background. :clap I'm getting closer to getting it done, so I can begin cross-stitching the Cheer bear. I hope to get more crocheted tonight before going to bed.

I've been working on this afghan in my sleep, but no extra row's are on the afghan when I get up in the morning. :lol Which is quite puzzling. :think:lol

I'm just so anxious to see the cross-stitch part started.

Blessings,

Lynn

Homesteadingwife, I can't wait to see your afghan. :clap

I just completed a simple baby blanket for my grandchild-to-be (due date 10/22/2008), and I'm almost done with another afghan (no rush...it's a Christmas present). So I'm set to start...as soon as I find my yarn.

I'm starting with the Funshine Bear afghan, then I'll make Funshine Bear. I went yarn searching at both WalMart's and Michaels...and couldn't find a good matching color yarn. I'll keep looking, although I may have to go mail order yarn on this. :blush

Homesteadingwife, I can't wait to see your afghan. :clap

I just completed a simple baby blanket for my grandchild-to-be (due date 10/22/2008), and I'm almost done with another afghan (no rush...it's a Christmas present). So I'm set to start...as soon as I find my yarn.

I'm starting with the Funshine Bear afghan, then I'll make Funshine Bear. I went yarn searching at both WalMart's and Michaels...and couldn't find a good matching color yarn. I'll keep looking, although I may have to go mail order yarn on this. :blush

I hope you can find what your hunting for. Some color's are hard to find.

I haven't worked on the Care Bear afghan this week. :blush I've been busy working on the rectangle granny afghan. :blush But I do plan on working on the afghan tonight for a little while, before someone decide's to :kick me. I've been pretty anxious to see the granny done. I have a storage container that I keep my crochet in, with my yarn. Just the one's I'm working on. And with 2 afghan's the lid is not snapping on top. My husband told me the other day that I needed to pick up one of those BIG one's. The largest one I can find. LOL :lol I tried to tell him that I only had two afghan's in it, and one was just about completed, but I don't know if he believed me or not. :think:lol

Have a blessed crochet type of weekend.

Lynn

Found my yarn. :clap

I have two WalMarts close by, and I found a good, bright yellow at the other WM.

Change in plans...I'm making the doll first. I've already made one doll about three years ago, and it's somewhat tedious if you don't break it down. So I'm almost done with the body...but not quite. I'm going to work on the muzzle this afternoon (already had some white in my stash), then I'll immediately work on the thread yarn pieces. I don't really like working with thread, so I'll get that part done early. I think Hobby Lobby has some crochet thread on sale this week (today being the last day), so I'll try to get over there today before it closes.

My Cheer Bear is almost done! I just have to get some purple felt so I cna do the eyes, so it'll be done tomorrow night! Here's what I learned for furture bears:

I need to find a different way to do the hearts, mine look terrible.

The hearts on the bottom of the feet need to be attached while still working on the legs

The ears need to be attached before stuffing the bear

I don't have enough stuffing in the stomach, but over all it looks pretty good.

My Cheer Bear is almost done! I just have to get some purple felt so I cna do the eyes, so it'll be done tomorrow night! Here's what I learned for furture bears:

I need to find a different way to do the hearts, mine look terrible.

The hearts on the bottom of the feet need to be attached while still working on the legs

The ears need to be attached before stuffing the bear

I don't have enough stuffing in the stomach, but over all it looks pretty good.

I can't wait to see photos of the bear.

Here is what is happening on my afghan. Well, I got to 109 row's of the background and noticed that I hadn't counted the row's in awhile. So thought I'd better count. Well I had two extra stitches to the row. So I had to recount all the row's, I took a couple of day's away from the afghan, because I thought maybe I had miscounted because I had been counting for several hours. :( Hoping I was wrong in my count. Unfourtunely, I wasn't wrong in my count. :ohdear

So, I had to FROG 30 row's out, :faintSo they are now ripped out and ready to do over. :thair:cry I will no longer go that many row's without counting those stitches, I had been making sure I counted every 2 row's, but apparently I got all excited about how well it was looking to stop and count. :2blush Anyway, that won't happen again. 30 row's was hard enough to rip out. I guess it could have been worse it could have been almost completed. At least I caught it before it got any further.

I hope everyone else is having better luck than I am.

Blessings,

Lynn

I would join this cal but I actually made two carebear afghans for my little girls in nov. I drew the patterns myself then was given the book lol. Now I don't have to draw them anymore if I make any more of them. I made Love a lot bear and bedtime bear. My girls love them.

Well, I have 20 of those 30 row's crocheted back in. :cheerI hope to get a few more in today. I have a splitting headache, so hopefully I'll be able to crochet a few row's.

I hope everyone is getting a lot done your care bear afghan or doll's, which ever you chose.

Blessings,

Lynn

Have a blessed crochet kind of day!!

All 30 row's are crochet back in and it is looking great. I now feel I will be getting somewhere now. I hadn't gotten to crochet in the past couple of day's. But I am caught back up and plan on getting some row's in today. I have my housework caught up. So the day can be spent with my yarn and hook. :cheer

I hope you all are having great luck with your Care Bear project's. It's been kinda quiet on here.

Have a blessed day,

Lynn

Share Bear is sooo cute. :manyheart

Ran into a little snag. When I said I found the yarn for Funshine Bear, I didn't get the thread for the features. And I had the hardest of time finding a good golden color thread.

Ended up ordering it yesterday from JoAnn's. Hopefully it will get here late this week or early next week. Until then, my CB is on hold. :(

I still have time. The baby isn't due until Oct, and I'm working on an afghan for a couple getting married...also in Oct.

Well, I have 124 row's done on the background of the care bear afghan. Still have 34 more to go. I hope to get those done in the next couple of day's. Especially since I'm going to be laid up for a few day's. I fell yesterday and sprung my ankle. It is really painfully when I put any kind of weight on it at all. And terribly swollen. So hopefully, I can spend that time crocheting.

How is everyone else coming along with your Care Bear projects??

Blessings,

Lynn

:cheerYeah!!! I got the background completed. :cheerNow, I have started cross-stitching the Cheer Bear. I have cross-stitched 3 row's already. Hopefully, I'll get more done tomorrow.

Blessings,

Lynn

Archived