Care Bear CAL

Finally got the thread in from JoAnn.com. It isn't an exact match, but it's pretty close. Hopefully, I'll be done with Funshine in the next few days.

Then, I'll start the baby afghan. Since my DD is home most of the time, I can't do too much at home...mostly a lunch at work project. Hoping to get the afghan done by early August.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started Share Bear yesterday, ok, I'm only on the head of the stuffed one. I have a question if anyone has actually done one of these yet.

If I'm reading round 15 right, I should have 4 spots for the cheeks marked?

I made 10 of theses for christmas one year and yes there should be four markers for cheeks. I am not sure I a up for more care bears I do have the stuffies to do in thread and should make some for craft fairs so I may join up when i finish my niece's dress but if anyone has questions about the yarn stuffies I can help. Juts PM me also I crocheted eyes for the bears rather than have to glue on felt. I can type up the rough pattern if anyone wants it. It isd much safer to sew on eyes than glue the felt ones on

Well, I haven't worked on the Cheer bear afghan at all this past week, both of my kids and my hubby are all sick. And I just couldn't think about it. Now, that they seem to be getting better now, hopefully, I can work on it this week.

Hope everyone is having fun!

Blessings,

Lynn

Thanks to Chrissyf, I was able to make good eyes (I don't cut felt well). I'm almost done...however another project is taking preference (another stuffed toy for an exchange which I want to get done in the next few days). Hopefully, I'll get back to this by midweek...and done by the weekend.

picresized_1211193646_005.jpg

Finished it yesterday. Unfortunately, DD knows, so it's not a surprise. I'm still going to wrap it up as a shower present thought.

Started the corresponding Funshine Bear afghan late last night. This might take a while...vacation coming up, and I don't think graphghans travel well overseas.

picresized_1211193646_005.jpg

Finished it yesterday. Unfortunately, DD knows, so it's not a surprise. I'm still going to wrap it up as a shower present thought.

Started the corresponding Funshine Bear afghan late last night. This might take a while...vacation coming up, and I don't think graphghans travel well overseas.

He is CUTE!!! You did a wonderful job on him. :cheer:clap

Blessings,

Lynn

Well, I haven't been working on the Cheer Bear afghan. Shame on me!! :blush I found a pattern I wanted to make for my husband for a Father's Day gift and have been working on it. I hope to have it completed before Father's Day. It is the Nine Patch Afghan. And I can't wait to see it done, so I can get back to other afghan's I have started, especially the Cheer Bear afghan.

Who is still with us?? I'm wanting to update the first post so that we can see at a glance who is working on what. Just let me know.

Have a blessed weekend!!!

Lynn

Who is still with us?? I'm wanting to update the first post so that we can see at a glance who is working on what. Just let me know.

I am. :cheerI'm making the Funshine Bear afghan in all single crochet to match the doll. I'm about 30 rows into a 120 row afghan. Started last weekend.

Actually, 30 rows for me is pretty slow. :ohdear I want to make a larger graphghan for the upcoming Crochet Greek Games (same number of rows, about 120, but it's about 100 stitches wide vs Funshine's 75 stitches wide). But there was a lot on my plate this week, and I'll do a lot during this weekend. Plus, I'll make sure there's not a lot on my plate during the two weeks of the Greek Games.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've completed the Nine Patch afghan :cheer and gotten a few things done that had to be done. I'm now ready to get back to this crochet along. :yay I had family to visit today, some that we hadn't ever met, which was wonderful, but I'm so ready to get this Care Bear done, so that I can start on another. :hook

So, how is everyone else coming along on your Care Bear? I hope really well.

Many blessings and have a wonderful weekend.

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Vacation was a blast. :hot But now I'm home working on the Funshine afghan. I'm about half done now. Still taking longer than hoped.

DD now wants me to make Grumpy Bear for her daughter (found out right before vacation, it's a girl). So I'll get that started. But I have a few more things on my plate. :help Hoping to get Grumpy done by the due date (appx 10/22/08).

But then, I want to make some wearables for my granddaughter...so...We'll see.

Vacation was a blast. :hot But now I'm home working on the Funshine afghan. I'm about half done now. Still taking longer than hoped.

DD now wants me to make Grumpy Bear for her daughter (found out right before vacation, it's a girl). So I'll get that started. But I have a few more things on my plate. :help Hoping to get Grumpy done by the due date (appx 10/22/08).

But then, I want to make some wearables for my granddaughter...so...We'll see.

LadyBeBop, Glad your vacation went so well. Congrat's on the upcoming granddaughter!!!!! :cheer

Blessings,

Lynn

I'm so sorry, that I haven't been around here lately. I haven't been spending a lot of time on the computer. We have been kinda of busy here on the homestead. Anyway, I think someone will have to get me that kick. :kick I have not picked up Cheer bear in week's. :eek Shame on me, I know. Now that things have seemed to have slowed down a bit, I plan on getting started back.

I finished crocheting the bookmark's for a swap I was in. Now that is done, I can take time to work on these other project's. I also, don't plan to start another one until either the Care Bear is done or the Rectangle Granny Afghan is done. So that should really help me out alot. I hope.

Have a beautiful crochet kind of night.

Hugs,

Lynn

Hi All, I would absolutly love to make one of these blankets for my daughter, and the set of triplets in my family. Only trouble is, I can't find any of these patterns in the store, I have tried everywhere. I unfortunatly don't have a credit card to order off line. If some has scanned these patterns on there computer I would be extremely gratful if you could email them to me. c_boyle82@hotmail.com Thank you so much in advance!!

Hi All, I would absolutly love to make one of these blankets for my daughter, and the set of triplets in my family. Only trouble is, I can't find any of these patterns in the store, I have tried everywhere. I unfortunatly don't have a credit card to order off line. If some has scanned these patterns on there computer I would be extremely gratful if you could email them to me. c_boyle82@hotmail.com Thank you so much in advance!!

Hello, You can't ask for the pattern's, because that would be illegal to share them. Unless they have their own pattern's are are willing to share their graph. But the pattern's that are used in pattern books, such as the one I'm using, it is illegal to share them.

I found my pattern's book on ebay. I don't use credit cards at all. But I was able to send postal money order for the product. There is several that will accept M.O. for payment. And some say they only accept credit card, but if you email them, they usually will accept money order. I have done that in the past.

Many Blessings,

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

I did a care one for my granddaughter, my daughter loved care bears when she was younger and collected them, check out my website and take a look in baby afghans, I single crochet it and then cross stitched on it, now I wish that I crochet it in instead of the other way, I have the booklet with the Champ, Funshine, Share, Cheer bear in it, to iluvmekids if you are looking for the patterns email me and I will send you the booklet,you don't have to pay for it, I won't use it again and would like to give it you to use and keep. Go to my site and check out mine, or I forgot I also put material on the back of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically, I'm not quite done with the afghan. But I started another Care Bear Doll. What happened, was I started a wearable for my granddaughter-to-be using pink WW yarn. somehow, it didn't work out, so I frogged it, and started a Care Bear. Hopefully, I'll get it done by next weekend. the first baby shower is next weekend, and I want to surprise her with something.

• 4 weeks later...

Has this happen to any of you? I have lost my motivation:think, don't know where I have put it at. :eek I know I'll never get three of these blanket's done in time for Christmas. Luckily, I just have one more to go if I can get this one done for my daughter. If anyone can find my motivation can you please send it back to me. :lol:lol:lol

I'm going to try starting tomorrow, work on it at least for an hour a day, until I can get motivated to get more done on it.

What do you all do when you lose your motivation to work on your projects??

Hugs,

Lynn

and started a Care Bear. Hopefully, I'll get it done by next weekend. the first baby shower is next weekend, and I want to surprise her with something.

Did you get the Care Bear done in time for the shower?

I'm so glad this CAL popped up! I started Cheer Bear yesterday for my DD. She starts to Kindergarten next week and needs a blanket to take with her. She picked this out. I told her it wouldn't be done for the first day of school, but we would get it there. I'm debating on cross-stitching or crocheting the bear on it. I've never switched colors around before, so I'm not sure I could do it. Has anyone done this with all crochet and been successful? Thank you!

Patty

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so glad this CAL popped up! I started Cheer Bear yesterday for my DD. She starts to Kindergarten next week and needs a blanket to take with her. She picked this out. I told her it wouldn't be done for the first day of school, but we would get it there. I'm debating on cross-stitching or crocheting the bear on it. I've never switched colors around before, so I'm not sure I could do it. Has anyone done this with all crochet and been successful? Thank you!

Patty

Hello Patty,

Welcome!! I'm still having a time getting motivated to work on my DD care bear afghan. Hopefully, in a few day's it will go quicker. Which one's are you working on?

Blessings,

Lynn

Hello, Lynn! I am about 50 rows into Cheer Bear. It is for my DD to take to school with her. I figured the cross-stitching would pull too easily, so I'm not doing that. I've been single-stitching it using color changes. Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Patty

Archived