Care Bear CAL

Yeah for me! :woo I worked 2 whole hours on cross-stitching this afghan today. :cheer I hope to get another hour in on it a little later, taking a break from it. WOW, it is hot under there!! :eek Even my little Chihuahua didn't want to lay under it. LOL Piglet refused to lay beside me as well. LOL He is alway's laying somewhere near me during crochet time. Not today! Just to hot for that.

Now, I remember why I have put it off for so long. Told my dear husband today, that I wished I had a frame to put it up on, to get it off my legs while stitching. Any suggestion's for what to use? :think

Blessings,

Lynn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, I got 3 hours in on cross-stitching the Cheer Bear. I worked for an hour this morning, before the kids got up to start their day. :cheer

Well, I think now I have gotten my motivation back, which is a great thing. I was getting kinda worried that I wouldn't get this afghan done in time for my daughter's Christmas gift. I'm working on cross-stitching the belly now. Hopefully, it will go really quickly soon.

How is everyone else coming along with you Care Bear items:?:?:?

• 3 months later...

Welcome Crystal. I was planning on making Funshine bear after I finish this Cheer Bear, but right now, I'm not so sure. LOL

I'm just about done cross-stitching the bear. I'm about 89%, don't like much. Then the outline of the bear plus the eyes. I have decided this will not get done in time for Christmas. And it seems my motivation came back. So, I plan on making a special day for my daughter when it is done. And then make another special day for my son when his is done. So they will both get a late Christmas gift.

Can't wait to see all of your afghan's.

Blessings,

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! :wreath

Now that the rush is over, I am settling in to finish off this Afghan! It is looking kinda rough right now, with bobs dangling and ends poking out, but I will post a pic as soon as I can get one up.

If you;re still working on yours, I'd love to hear about it and even see a pic of your progress! :clap:clap

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year! :yay

Patty

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I sure did. I got yarn!!!! LOL Anyway, I still have a bit of cross-stitching to do on the bear. Cause it just got sit aside while getting Christmas things ready.

Hopefully, in the next month or so, I will get this bear done. Can't wait to see everyone's.

Have a Blessed New Year!!

Hugs,

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone coming along on your Care Bear?? I have just finish cross-stitching Cheer Bear and will start on the outline in a little while. :cheer So hopefully, I'll get this afghan done really soon and outta of the way. It sure has taken awhile to get it done.

Drop in and say hello, if your still around and working on your bear.

Lynn

• 2 months later...

I finished this Afghan up a few weeks back and wanted to post some pics. I didn't cross-stitch the afghan as my daughter was taking it to use at school and I was afraid it would snag too easily. So, I did it all in SC with A LOT of color changes. Here is the finished product...

DSCF1156.jpg

DSCF1157.jpg

DSCF1154.jpg

Now I am off to start on some Christmas items. Thank you for this CAL. This afghan was a lot of fun!! :clap

Archived