What's next?

Ever just get stummped as to what make next:think? I went shopping two weeks ago at Michaels when they had their yarn :c950% off. Came home with bags and bags of yarn:crocheting, organized it all (along with the rest of my yarn) by colors and kind of yarn in dressers and storage chests. Guess what! Got all this yarn.........im so OVERWHELMED now I dont even know what to make! :shrugI could just cry! I've done the round ripples, scarves, ponchos, hats, afghans, purses, etc. HELP!

How about some teddy bears or stuffed animals? I also like to make wraps - slightly bigger than scarves, smaller and longer than a lapghan to go around one's shoulders.

I haven't crocheted over a year, just seemed to havve lost interest, then I discoverd the Happy Yellow House website and found some wonderful quilt afghan patterns. I now an happy crocheting my heart out making these wonderful quilt like afghans. They are easy to do and I have an order for 3 of them from my family. They caught my fancy. Just look on the internet or go through your patterns until something strikes your fancy.

Good luck

I think in this land of plenty we often suffer from overload of the senses. We have all this yarn and gazillions of patterns....and the internet with more and more to look at. It gets to be so overwhelming that we often find ourselves unable to decide on a project.

I didn't have much stuff when I was a kid....now I do...but as a kid without all that stuff I had more imagination and was able to make something out of nothing. Now I often find myself just staring at all my stuff and wonder what to do. It's sad, really.

omg! you are so right! like a kid in a candy store! but cant decide on what to get! Thanks for your ideas, i guess i just need to start something, never done any kind of sweaters, i would like to but always tell myself "Oh you could never do that"! Maybe i will prove myself wrong!

Right now Crochet Pattern Central has a free pattern link up for a Renaissance Tunic. I took one look at that and said "Ohhhhhhhhh, I do think I want to make that for ME!"

Wish I had that problem!

I've bought so much yarn, that's sitting there with patterns waiting but I just don't have enough time to get to them!

I don't have a problem with what to do next. I just need to finish ONE thing! I keep starting new projects (because I see the absolute cutest thing I HAVE to make one...) Then I have twenty projects going, but never finish hardly any, it seems... :sigh

Tina

When I can't figure out what to make next, I just thumb through my pattern books until inspiration hits. If it doesn't, sometimes it's just a matter of needing a short break and then before I know it I suddenly want to crochet again!!

I don't have a problem with what to do next. I just need to finish ONE thing! I keep starting new projects (because I see the absolute cutest thing I HAVE to make one...) Then I have twenty projects going, but never finish hardly any, it seems... :sigh

Tina

I have the same thing I have 4 afghans going at the same time. Not to mention a purse I was asked about. I am going to start working on some hats also!:hook

You can always make a 2-sided blanket...I designed one based on a technique my great-grandmother used for a wedding gift for my parents 35 years ago. I've had a few people test it, and it's going to go "live" on my site shortly. However, if you'd like to preview it, pm me, and I'll send it to you.

When I'm not sure what to do next I:

1. Check Crochetville for what others are currently doing

2. Take out my 365 stitch calendar and just play with stitches

3. Look at all the free patterns online

Archived