Comfortghan:Help me bless the socks off...update post 31

Momcrochets

The ghan and gifts are complete!! see here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1218742#post1218742 for px.

(I'm still in need of more squares. Thanks All!):yarn

The hand-crocheted socks that is, off of one of our 'villagers. This woman is a friend of mine and has been having a rough year. She lost her job last July, when the store we worked at together closed...It wasn't a surprise, but she hadn't found other work yet. She STILL hasn't been able to find work, and now her unemployment benefits have run out. We live in the state with the worst unemployment rate!!! (She also has expensive prescriptions (no insurance) an ancient :P car...Her home is paid for, thankfully.)She has 3 furbabies and loves pink. Who will help make a comfortghan for Cat3Crazy? PM me for address info.

So far I'm thinking 12" squares, Pink, white, hmmmm...

(And if we get too many squares offered, maybe you can make/ come up with something else to just bless and encourage this wonderful gal, and send that along.)

Okay, to let you know...I'm in the process of edging squares..I do believe I have enough. Thanks to everyone for the squares and love and gifts...once I get it put together and the recipient has it in her hands, I will post pictures too.

I'm willing to make at least one square if you don't care what color it is! I need to use stash yarn and not go buy any more yarn this month. (saying to self "no more yarn, no more yarn, no...yeah, right!") I've used up my yarn 'budget' already. :-( Are you going to put it together? What a good friend you are!

Yes, I'll be putting it together. Not really picky on colors, though I would prefer that they co-ordinate with pink somewhat... :) (Did that make sense?)

I can do that! I have *some* pink... and some maroon... :think Do you want the borders a certain color or will you add a border to the 12"(?) blocks when you put them together? Just want to make sure I do it right! :)

I'll border them when they all arrive, to give it some unity. :P Becky, lol, correct, no blaze orange for this one :) Thanks NanaK for making one... :hug I'll look for your pm.

Thanks everyone for helping out with this comfortghan :):crocheting

Last night when DH came home, he had his hands full after checking the mail...I had a ton of tiny packages! NanaK's came earlier in the week...now I have Natasha's, Grannie Annie's, Wiz3283's, Sissie44's, JoBug's, and Triskele's squares! They all arrived on Friday...I think we may have caused a jam in the system :P...and that little mailbox, it would have popped if there were any more on Friday.

(I'd have written sooner, but we kept having connectivity issues.)This is wonderful! and quite exciting. I know I have a couple more square's on the way...They are all beautiful, great work everyone!

If anyone else wants to help, I could use a few more 12" squares to make this a good throw size blanket. :hug

TIA

:blushI missed the mail with mine, so it won't go out till Monday now. It better go out then, because Tuesday it's supposed to :storm!

Yikes! Stay away from windows, Becky! :) (yours is among a few others not yet arrived, 'sall good--I took them into account before requesting a few more :))

Archived