Drops designs

Has anyone made any of the amazing stuff from garnstudio.com and the DROPS designs patterns? I have been drooling over the site lately and was wondering if the patterns are straightforward (aside from the British/American terminology) I am contemplating some items from there for the secret pals swap. What is your opinion on their stuff (besides WOW!)??

i have used a knittingpattern for babies and would recomend converting the cm to inches to check the sizes. I don't know what they feed babies in Norway put the romper suit is the size it says for 0-3 mnths, tension came out right, but it looks huge to me and if i'd checked imperial measurements i would have realised !

Other than that found it easy to follow

My daughter would look amazing in so much of their stuff. I have a tank printed out to try doing, but I'm not sure if I'm experienced enough. Not to mention, I can't see me purchasing that yarn to be shipped, so I'm not completely sure if I can find something comparable at my local ACMoore =/

I too have drooled over many drops patterns. I would want to use "domestic" yarn but haven't the foggiest of how to covert it other than playing around with crocheting swatches to see what hook with what yarn matches the gauge.

A friend of mine knitted one of their headbands and said the pattern was very easy to follow (well, except for the way they joined the two sides, but we found an illustration of their technique in a knitting book and solved that problem easily). Not sure about the yarn switching issue, since that's always a problem for me, so I guess we have to take Sandi at Knitting Daily's advice to heart: swatch, swatch, swatch! Patty

Can someone post the links?? Thanks, would love to take a look see!

Here is the link tothe page with all the crochet patterns on them:

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/search.php

OK this doesn;t work quite right but if you click on the home tab it will get you back to the start. I tried to link to the crochet page...

:cheerJust be aware that they are translated from Norwegian, or some other language, to English so they are a little wierd.

They may use the English names for the stitches but the way the patterns are written are not very English.

Very nice patterns though so they may be worth a try.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I made two of the Bomull-lin scarves (shawls) for Christmas gifts. I played with the sizing and used Patons brilliant. They turned out really pretty and the pattern was very easy. They looked nothing like the picture of the happy lady at the beach like on the website but I was really proud of them and they were fun to do.

Archived