How do you hold your hook?

Raynaadi

I hold mine like I would a knife. I was taught by a lady who had very bad athritis, her fingers where lapped over each other. And that is how she held her hook. She was my great great great aunt and I was 7 at the time. She only taught me to ch, SC, and DC, everything else is self-taught.

Blessings,

Lynn

I'm a *fairly* young 'un (30) and I use the pencil grip, tho if I am working with two strands my hand gets tired and I switch to the knife grip. It's funny, I actually find the pencil one is better for my arthritis because it hurts my hands more to have all my fingers wrapped around the hook. I'm learning to knit and boy howdy, does it hurt to hold those needles!

I hold it like you do. I read once that the pencil grip is faster. So I tried it, and it probably would be the way to go, but for me it would take a looong time to relearn. Its just quicker to go with what you know.

I hold it the overhand way. My Grandmother taught me to crochet, and she held her hook the pencil way....I just found it too awkward. Every now and then I have a go at the other way, but it just doesn't seem to work for me.

I hold mine like you hold yours.. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 7 or 8 years old.. I have never changed how I hold my hook.. Funny she holds hers like a pencil. Not sure how I ended up holding mine diffrent

Archived