This is about knitting, but it's really cool

Good article, I just wonder why the picture looks like the poor woman is torturing herself with the knitting! I always crack up when I see someone knitting on a tv show, or movie, or an article like this! You can tell these people have probably not knitted before! No experienced knitter would have their hand all knotted up with a grimace on their face!

The D Day National World War II Museum in New Orleans has a modern day Knit Your Bit campaign going on right now. I made five scarves for the WWII vets over the holidays and plan on making more. My dad was a staff sargeant who landed at Omaha Beach during the Normandy invasion, so making sure these older gents have a nice, soft scarf appealed to me a lot. Here's the link for more info: http://www.ddaymuseum.org/education/knitting.html And yes, they want crocheted ones too!

After the overwhelming Internet response to the Red Scar Project, I was looking for another scarf charity to adopt. I love making scarves!

Patty

The D Day National World War II Museum in New Orleans has a modern day Knit Your Bit campaign going on right now. I made five scarves for the WWII vets over the holidays and plan on making more. My dad was a staff sargeant who landed at Omaha Beach during the Normandy invasion, so making sure these older gents have a nice, soft scarf appealed to me a lot. Here's the link for more info: http://www.ddaymuseum.org/education/knitting.html And yes, they want crocheted ones too!

After the overwhelming Internet response to the Red Scar Project, I was looking for another scarf charity to adopt. I love making scarves!

Patty

I love that idea... will definitely donate some scarves. My dad too was a staff sargeant only he served on Iwo Jima. Would be a nice tribute to his memory as he died a few years back.

Archived