What should I do with these

My girlfriends mom died and she found these in her home. She thought I could do something with them for her 6 year old niece.

I was thinking I could make her doll blanket(s). Do I have to put a edge

around of all them (please tell me no!!)

What else can I do with them - something simple and fast

th_littlesquares001.jpg

No, you don't have to put a edge around them all just whipstich them together then crochet a edging around the outside. Shouldn't take you to long and Iam sure the little girl would love it. :) Good luck.

Well, I feel like I am the Queen of Granny Squares...I teach a class on them at Joanns!! If they are all the same, you can just get some yarn and crochet them all together with a single crochet. I do a vertical row first, 5 across or whatever you want and then crochet that row to the next row down. Leave long strings and tie the two long horizontal rows together with the strings in a square knot to secure and line up your rows. After you crochet the long horizonal section bring the string to the front and ties bows with a square knot first and then the bow. So cute!! You don't have to do an edge around if the squares line up and you are happy with the look. Check out this beautiful joining by my swap partner last year, see made this for me and joined it this way.

secretpalfallcloseup.jpg

I am doing the sc to put them together and I am liking the idea of making a scarf and then doing a granny bag.

There aren't enough for a lapghan and I think it would be great for her to use them as a reminder of her grandmother

I will run this by my girlfriend and see what she wants.

Thanks for all the great ideas

I will post when I am done

I put mine together with sc also.

If there are enough squares, I'd put them together in an oblong, so she could have her own oblong granny shawl. After they are put together, edge with a rnd of sc, then shells.

I do this edging instead of fringe, which tends to turn ratty.

I would probably make a scarf with the squares. And then put an edge around the whole thing. I hope you make something for the little girl to remember her granny.

:manyheart

Archived