can some one help me

sunnyvale_22

can some one please tell me what i did wrong in this blog post. i went online and studied before i posted this and this is the response i get. i don't know what to say to this lady - she's so angry about what i wrote. just tell me what it is that makes me so offensive to anyone who knits or crochets. :( i hope it's not someone on here! if so then i'm sorry - i don't know what to say :think i'm just so lost right now

my chacha blog.

http://crafts.chacha.com/blog/hooked/0/0/a-little-about-crochet

I wouldn't pay no mind to it. I wasn't offended. Sometimes the truth hurts. It is a matter of opinion that knitting takes more skill. I think crocheting is very skillful. I have been crocheting for over 30 years and I still don't know all there is to it and there are so many different stitches that crochet has to offer. I am not a knitter so I not going to elaborate on it.

I don't think it is offensive, and I knit and crochet. I think it is probably just part of the ages-long debate over which is better, and she decided that comparing the two was a way of criticizing one. I thought the post was very interesting. I think it's great that you researched where your craft came from. I wouldn't worry about what she says; you didn't do anything wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Some people are just highly opinionated and easily triggered by what they percieve as a personal "wrong." Perhaps just put a note on the blog post that in your opinion this is, whatever to placate the woman and delete her comment. You can't please everyone, and some people just like to complain. Of course, this is only MY opinion and another may view it differently.

I don't find it offensive. Just a description of your feelings on the subject. While I like the look of both, I only crochet, just because I can't get the hang of knitting.

There is truth in what you say!

And not everyone will like your opinions. So I wouldn't worry about it.

i responded to here post by showing i know about the knit vs crochet thing and told her my blog was not a place to complain about it. that's about all that i can do becauase i need to find a way to erase it. :sad: that was my very first post and thats the first comment i get on it.

I'm pretty sure you have the ability to erase a comment. You may want to direct the person towards the research you used because it didn't seem to be opinionated at all, more like you were presenting facts that you found.

Wow I just read your blog and I sure don't understand what she is so upset about! Sounds to me as if this person has some "issues" and I would just delete her comment and forget about it. I can tell that this really upsets you but being a third party I truly don't see what she/he is so mad about!

:cheerI was amazed that you should have anyone take offence at what you wrote in your blog.

I would have to say that the person who wrote such a curt reply had been sucking on lemons all morning and was feeling all bitter and twisted.

I could see the point in saying something if you had made a drastic error in the information you wrote but I could not see that there was any need for the person to take offence.

I do both Knitting and Crochet and have done so for almost 60 years and I certainly did not take offence to what you wrote.

I just thought you wrote as someone who had a great enthusiasm for Crocheting.

I am going to add a reply to it to put things straight for you, lets hope it does not get up her/his nose and make them even more bitter and twisted.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

:cheerI would have to say that the person who wrote such a curt reply had been sucking on lemons all morning and was feeling all bitter and twisted.

:lol:lol:lol:lol That's a great way to put it. hahaha. Yeah - you said nothing wrong. Pay no mind to it!!!

It's kind of hypocritical for her to take such great offense at what you posted, but then take the time to submit a comment about how much better knitting is. :lol So, it's OK for HER to be offensive to you in YOUR OWN BLOG, but not OK for you to post about crocheting in YOUR OWN BLOG. Interesting.

Archived