What do you make when....

Sending prayers that you feel a little more like yourself every day.

Me, I love making scarves. When I don't want to think I have this pattern that is totally mindless and I send them to Grannyannie (link in my sig) for a domestic abuse center.

Hi Sweetie ~ you hang in there! I know of something you can do in less than an hour, any color, any yarn weight and hook. Candy kisses. They are like Hershey kisses and are adorable. They are the perfect little items to tell someone you love them.

KristieMN here on Crochetville has this pattern. It is worked from the bottom up. I made mine using worsted weight, so I had to do a few less sts on the top couple of rounds in order to get my hook in. It didn't occur to me at the time to drop down to a smaller hook, duh. No matter, they came out adorable!

I made some for my Auntie, who lives next door to me, and I just discovered a few days ago that she liked them so much, she hung hers on the livingroom wall! While I was laughing, she explained that she was afraid her cat would think they were toys for him, but she wanted them out where she could see them, so up they went on the wall. Interesting solution.

So, you can make a candy kiss in an hour, and have a basket full of them in a week!

those sound adorable! where can we get her pattern?

I too love the "mug rug" idea. Some years ago I bought some loom woven ones in a gift shop in Prescott, AZ. Same idea, with fringe on the ends. Never gave a thought to crocheting some!

JoBug - wishes for you to feel better soon.

Oh man...I'm struggling with that concept at the moment. Not because I'm sick, but because I think I'm just about burnt out. I'm going to my weekly gathering at a LYS and I try to take a project that doesn't require a lot of thought because we'll be gabbing and if I have a project that I have to follow a graph or written pattern fairly closely, I'll make mistakes...

Hmmmm....squares, baby ghans that aren't made of squares...book markers, scarves (I know you said you've done a lot of those) socks...doilies...

I hope you feel better very soon...take care.

When my brain is too tired to follow anything complicated, I make glass/can/coffee cup cozies. They just let me keep going around and around....no thinking...lol. I also make larger squares for teapot and coffeepot cozies. Two large squares (around 12 inch each) then sew the top together. You can sew the sides together all the way or leave a small open slit for the handle on one side and the spout on the other side.

Hope you are feeling better.

When my brain is too tired to follow anything complicated, I make glass/can/coffee cup cozies. They just let me keep going around and around....no thinking...lol. I also make larger squares for teapot and coffeepot cozies. Two large squares (around 12 inch each) then sew the top together. You can sew the sides together all the way or leave a small open slit for the handle on one side and the spout on the other side.

Hope you are feeling better.

Do you actually have a pattern for a teapot cozy? I've actually never come across one.

Love the idea of cup cozies, though I've never made them. Sound like they would be a great way to use up left overs, and not take much time or yarn. A set in say school colors for young people in your family, or team colors if their sports followers, or colors to go with certain decors?

Hoipe you're feeling better

Sandy

Archived