annies scrap crochet club

tangled up

I just got something in the mail about it too. I had belonged to their afghan pattern series about 7 years ago. Every 3 weeks you got 2 packets. The packets quickly outgrew the binder they sent. I wouldn't mind so much if they would tell you how long it lasted. Even the Betty Crocker recipe box had an end to it.

I tried it last year and couldn't cancel fast enough. The breaking point was when they sent a pattern to make a skirt made of granny squares. It was the most awful thing I had ever seen.

I also recieved this packet yesterday in the mail. I threw it away. I figured if I really couldn't think of something myself, I could come here and ask for suggestions of what to make with my scraps. :lol

I subscribed to this quite some time ago and kept it up for about six months hoping the projects would get better. Finally between the cost and the lack of any real creative projects, I cancelled. Occasionally I'll pull out the file and go through it but most of the projects took a fair amount of yarn....not scraps. And much of it was too "cutesy" and/or too old fashioned. Not much in the way of modern day.

I cancelled; too many old ideas and too many sfghans !!!!!! there were some really bad ideas and too many fillers.... items that were not really scraps....just very colorful. How can anything with full balls needed be considered ' scraps? ' VERY disappointing

I asked myself the same thing.

I threw it away as soon as I got it. Many of the patterns looked like the ones you can get out of old crochet books and magazines. If you're THAT desperate to get rid of scraps, go to the library and get old books, or do what I do: either make a few scarves of many colors for the local battered women's shelter, or a kitty/doggie cuddler for the local animal shelter. Gets rid of scraps AND makes you feel good :cheer:manyheart

Not sure if this is what you all are talking about, but I subscribed to a scraps club from Annie's about a year or so ago, where you get a packet of maybe 3 or 4 projects every month, and they send you a little 'box' thingie to keep them in. Well, my box is overflowing now, and just fell apart... had to tape it together, so yesterday I bought a plastic file box at Wal Mart to keep them all in. I just paid for the last packet a few weeks ago, and wondering if I will get any more of them. I am considering writing "cancel" on the next bill I get. I sent a sticky note with the payment once, that the box would not hold any more project sheets, but they ignored it.

Btw, Annie's Attic is located not too far from where I live near Tyler, in Big Sandy, Tx. I really should visit them sometime.

Archived