Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be pretty in filet! I agree on the monogram part too, but either would really look nice!

Kim - I am looking at the Gracelynn wrap pattern booklet. There are 3 wraps shown on the front, but are their different patterns in the booklet or is it all the same wrap?

That would be pretty in filet! I agree on the monogram part too, but either would really look nice!

Kim - I am looking at the Gracelynn wrap pattern booklet. There are 3 wraps shown on the front, but are their different patterns in the booklet or is it all the same wrap?

Three different patterns! I made the one in brown yarn on the pattern. It was the easiest stitch. The other two aren't difficult, I just wanted something quick and easy when I made mine. It was a fun pattern!

OK, so I took your advice and plotted out another design, this time on graph paper, and all that jazz :) So you think something like this:

th_andersdraft2.jpg

Instead of the UF??

OK, so I took your advice and plotted out another design, this time on graph paper, and all that jazz :) So you think something like this:

th_andersdraft2.jpg

Instead of the UF??

That would be a beautiful wedding gift!!

th_andersdraft2.jpg

Instead of the UF??

That looks really nice! If you do want to include the UF, you could add it under the Floridas. But it looks really good!!!

Three different patterns! I made the one in brown yarn on the pattern. It was the easiest stitch. The other two aren't difficult, I just wanted something quick and easy when I made mine. It was a fun pattern!

Great! I just bought it for the kit swap! I'm not sure if its going to make it easier or harder to find yarn though, since it said that any yarn could be used!

Well I'm home, I survived the day. Granted my neighbor took an hour longer than me in the grocery store, so I went out to the van and slept while I waited for her, so it made the day A LOT easier.

I did get to spend about an hour in Joanns too, and I have everything I need for my kit in the kit swap, now once I finish the Kaboodle part I'll mail it out, hopefully mid next week. I think my partner will be really really pleased!

Glad to see everybody doing well here! I'm going to be MIA for a little bit longer because it's finals time for me. I also have an all day CPR certification course tomorrow. I'm totally :loco from the stress and having little to no downtime. It'll all be over on Tuesday. Then I can relax a bit and get back to the fun stuff.

Very creative pattern for the wedding gift, I really think they will enjoy receiving it.

I haven't been around much, not been feeling great and still recovering from the work and stress of the fair. But getting my umph back now. :lol.

Received my yarn ball winder in the mail today, and I am in love (again, :lol). Spent the day winding up all those half skeins and bags of tangles. I feel soooo organized now.

4 tubs of unused yarn and 1 tub of cakes from partials and rip outs. 1 tub of craft projects (not just crochet, but sewing and other crafts). Everything looks so neat compared to the pre-fair mess. If only I could keep it like this.

Tried to do the cro-hook (or cro-nit, if you prefer) but unfortunately, like knitting, I can no longer control the longer hooks and needles. My tremors cause them to shake and vibrate too much. I think I will have to resign myself to sticking to regular crochet with regular hooks (I can still control them).

I have also decided to keep my project list down to 2 crochet items. Listing 5 or 6 seems to give me the idea that I MUST get them done. (I am my own worst enemy).

Keeping it down to 2 will give me the freedom to change my mind and start a pattern not on the list without feeling like I have failed. Of course my WIM list may be 20 items long, :lol. Keeping things simplified will give me more freedom to pick and choose. And reduce the stress I put on myself. (Old habits die hard, my work ethics have taught me once it is committed to writing it is set in stone.)

Anyhow, I have changed my list to reflect what I am really doing, and not what I think I will do, and eliminate the need to constantly edit the list.

Relynn, I hope your classes go well! What a relief it will be when they're over!

Carol, I've done the same thing with my projects...I really had to slow down and limit myself to two at a time like you've done. Otherwise, I found that instead of finding crochet relaxing, I was getting really stressed over it. You sound like you've got everything really well organized....I still need to do that!

Karen- love the blanket colors!!

OK so my list this past week has changed in the following ways....

3. 3 sections of the Babette.......66% completed

4. Eight Pocket Tote.......Has been removed from the List

5. 33 Squares for OA..... From 1 finished to 10 Finished

6. Assemble 3 Comfortghans....From 1 Nearly done to 1 COMPLETED!!!! :yay

Here is the completed comforghan:

th_DSC01152.jpg

These squares were ALL sent to me by Pineknott, she sent them to me in November to be used for a comfortghan for my church, it's something our women's ministry is involved in.... well it was FINALLY time for her squares to be joined together for their intended purpose, and this was the result. I used soft white for the joining and border, and I'm really pleased with the result!

Also this week I worked on projects I can't post yet, I finished a frilly girly scarf that will hopefully be sent to my partner in the Summer Scarf Swap.. and I worked on my project for my Whole Kit and Kaboodle partner... I'll post pictures of that after she gets it.. afterall it's only fair that she be the first to see it... right :think:yes:lol

I'm not sure what I'm planning for this week, definitely want to finish my secret project for my Kit and Kaboodle partner... and start my 2nd of the 3 comfortghans I want to complete this quarter... I dunno, I'll make a final list and post it tomorrow.

Updating my list:

Care Bear Afghan ~ Cheer Bear ~ Cross-stitching the bear

Nine Patch Afghan ~ Shades of Browns ~ 21/285

Rectangle Granny Afghan ~ Lavendar ~ 35%

Rectangle Granny Afghan ~ Completed

Baby Blanket ~ Completed ~ Need to take pictures

I'm using shades of brown's for the nine patch afghan, Coffee, Off-White, Tan and Brown. I'm working on the Coffee and Off-white for the Nine Patch right now.

Blessings,

Lynn

Well Happy Mother's Day to those who are mothers!!! :hug

My oldest two children woke up this morning, and ON THEIR OWN came in to say Happy Mother's Day to me.... this is the first year they didn't have to be told by my hubby to say it :c9 I was made breakfast by my hubby, and my girls and I are about to go outside and make some noise!! :yay

My list for this week...

Kaboodle

Girly Scarf

Start 2nd Comfortghan

Finish 8 Round Squares on Babette

Work on Lace and Bobbles

Work on Purse for Axe

That's where my head is,..... now off to be silly with the people I love the most!

I'm finally finding some time to crochet. We just moved into a bigger house so my time was consumed with moving, packing, unpacking, and cleaning.

I finished my scrap afghan finally! :yayMy mother in law got it for Mother's Day yesterday. I finished the fringe right before she showed up. Here it is:

(pics are clickable)

th_003.jpg

th_004.jpg

I think it came out really nice.

I also created a new toddler slipper pattern. I need to re-test it and figure out the adjustements for larger sizes. As soon as I do, I'll post it! I'm still behind on posting my polymer clay hooks. That box is somewhere in my craft closet. As soon as it is unearthed, I'll show them off with some instructions!

Slippers:

th_090.jpg

Today I'm going to be working on a baby blanket for a friend. She's due in 4 weeks, so time is running out!

I also started a graph ghan with a MOEZ hook. I just got my hook yesterday. I just HAD to try it out. I got an 18 inch red one. I am loving how smooth and easy it is to work with!

Whew. That should be enough for a little while. :) I hope to be posting more now that things are settling down!

Ada, Karen & Robin, what stunning afghans!!! Pineknot did a lovely job on the color combos for those squares. The slippers are super cute...

Still just taking it slow here, made a few more squares for the Baby Afghan, no hurry on my part.

I finally realized I would never be done with WIPs, there is always another lovely pattern or fascinating skein of yarn. So why rush, I'll get to it sooner or later.

Good morning, all! Just got my internet back after major wind and rain storms this weekend. Had one of my nicer visits with my mom. Yay! And I finished my Haw Frost Shawl Cardigan. Think I'll call it Winter Sunrise though. Wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I LOVE it! Will take pics if I ever get dressed today :P. Happy crocheting!

I'm finally finding some time to crochet. We just moved into a bigger house so my time was consumed with moving, packing, unpacking, and cleaning.

I finished my scrap afghan finally! :yayMy mother in law got it for Mother's Day yesterday. I finished the fringe right before she showed up. Here it is:

(pics are clickable)

th_003.jpg

th_004.jpg

I think it came out really nice.

I also created a new toddler slipper pattern. I need to re-test it and figure out the adjustements for larger sizes. As soon as I do, I'll post it! I'm still behind on posting my polymer clay hooks. That box is somewhere in my craft closet. As soon as it is unearthed, I'll show them off with some instructions!

Slippers:

th_090.jpg

Today I'm going to be working on a baby blanket for a friend. She's due in 4 weeks, so time is running out!

I also started a graph ghan with a MOEZ hook. I just got my hook yesterday. I just HAD to try it out. I got an 18 inch red one. I am loving how smooth and easy it is to work with!

Whew. That should be enough for a little while. :) I hope to be posting more now that things are settling down!

Hi Robin - lovely items!! When I first saw them, I thought - hey! that looks very familiar! Then I realized from where - I read your blog! I didnt know you were in this CAL/KAL! :lol

I do love the heart scrapghan and the little slippers are adorable!

Nice to see you here!

Lil' Monkies Baby Afghan/Seija Hat – 95%

It is all assembled and I put the border on it. The ONLY thing I have to do is the little monkey faces. I only 2 of them to do. But its been sitting and waiting for 2 weeks now I think! I don’t know if its ever going to get done. I don’t know if its going to be given either… maybe it will be a snuggles blanket instead.

Circles to Squares – 85%

I have finished one of the big squares; the second only needs one or two more rounds; the third needs about 8 rounds. So its getting done!

Ripple Afghan – 75%

I am making 2 ripples – but the first one is on hold. Since I am having issues with deciding on which baby blanket(s) to give, I am making a very boy-ish baby ripple – alternating dark blue, light blue, and white. All extras from the Circles to Squares

Bedspread - 10%

25 - 12 inch squares (2 squares are done)

Seraphina Shawl – Officially a UFO now. I think I want to make it in a different type of yarn… not the boucle yet. Maybe eventually.

I didnt get much done at all this weekend. We went apartment hunting again this Saturday - and we were very successful! :yay I faxed our applications yesterday (boy was that a long drawn out pain:angry) and I am dropping off the application fee during lunch today! So we went out to celebrate a little which means I got no crocheting done on Saturday at all! I couldn't believe it! Sunday was a bit better, but between laundry, getting those applications faxed and other things that kept coming up, I didn't get to crochet as much as I had wanted to. Oh well, I am so happy about the apartment, that it didn't even bother me!

Here is my updatd list. I have taken a couple things off the list and really need to get some stuff going on the remaining. Items 1 and 3 are the only ones I am working on...

On-going stuff:

1) Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (Special Memories) (56 of 70 rows on the body done then it’s on to the border)

2) Fix the stars on Sunshine’s afghan

3) Knit sweater for me (10 rows to go on the back)

4) Lots of yo-yos to join together (really need to get going on this!)

5) Use up stash - make Baby yarn squares and WW squares for charity (this is an ongoing thing…)

6) Finish my crochet socks (50% done)

Completed Stuff:

1) Baby shells blanket in mismatched no-dye lot pinks (Finished April 14th)

2) charity blanket (5 ½ hour throw from Lion Brand) for a girl at church (Finished April 19th)

3) two bedside rugs in Lion brand suede for my Sunshine and me (Finished his April 8th Finished hers April 20th)

4) Sweet Dreams blanket from the Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghan book for co-worker's wife who is due in July (Finished April 27th)

5) Heirloom Lace blanket from the Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghan book (Finished May 2nd)

6) Baby shells blanket in peach and white (Finished May 9th)

Karen~

Keep going, you can do it!!! Question... which joining method are you using for the yo-yo's??

~Ada

Archived