Sample Square from Crochet Today! Jan/Feb

I just love the throw in the Crochet Today! magazine that just came out for Jan/Feb 2008. It really is pretty, seems the whole issue is more or less about squares. I decided to try the square for the "Sunny Spread" on page 68, it was so easy and took no time!

IMG_2495.jpg

Once you whipstich 64 of these together there is a really pretty border that you do around the edge, it really is beautiful. Pattern by Ellen Gormley. Pattern says intermediate, but I see no reason why it should be! The spokes are created by front post dcs. I might actually make one!

I LOVED all those squares this issue~and that sunny blanket in particular! Thanks for sharing that it's very doable! I'm wanting to make the triangle wrap (don't have it in front of me for the "real" name) for my Aunt's birthday in February.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

That's really pretty. I was eyeing that one but I ended up working on the Ocean Waves Throw instead.

That one is really pretty too! I really like how it looks like the "waves" are over lapping each other, that is really cool. This whole issue was great, don't you think? The red dress was to die for, I wish I was still that skinny to wear it! (MANY moons ago!)

I LOVED all those squares this issue~and that sunny blanket in particular! Thanks for sharing that it's very doable! I'm wanting to make the triangle wrap (don't have it in front of me for the "real" name) for my Aunt's birthday in February.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Yes that wrap is gorgeous! It think it is the entrelac wrap, it is so cute. I love that Lacy Pineapples tank top too! Beautiful!

The square I did was so easy, it probably took all of ten minutes, I used Caron Simply Soft, but I think something not quite as soft like Wool-Ease would help it keep it's shape after sewing all the squares together. I've never done anything where you sew squares together, I'm usually the one that does a huge afghan that is all in one piece. I think it would be gorgeous in off white.:yes:yes

That one is really pretty too! I really like how it looks like the "waves" are over lapping each other, that is really cool. This whole issue was great, don't you think? The red dress was to die for, I wish I was still that skinny to wear it! (MANY moons ago!)

Yes I love this issue I am going to do the Kid's Party Cardi and the Kiddie Car coat. I wanted to do the Pinwheel Blanket but I suck at Tunisian. I will learn to do it one day though. The red dress is pretty but I would do it in a dark color. I want to make the Stylish Grannies jacket but it'll have to wait until I'm done with my throw I'm making and I'm going to make it longer.

Beautiful square. I did one with white in the center (circle part) and black on the outside. I was considering doing an entire afghan that way, but may not have enough time. I saw the Circle in Squares before (like the one on the Lion Brand website) so I thought I'd try it.

Debbi

• 4 months later...

Archived