Button sites or stores

Hi everyone,

I am making a snuggly bunting for the county fair and I am looking for a place for wonderful buttons. It's a soft pink yarn with bits of darker pink throughout.

Does anyone have a great site to go to for buttons? I really want my project to stand out, so some exceptional buttons may help.

Any ideas? Or is there any stores that have great buttons?

Thanks for your help.

:manyheart

Michaels has some adorable buttons, Wal-Mart sometimes has some cute ones. If you want something unique, you could check out hand-crafted buttons on eBay and Etsy. Some sellers also have commercial supply buttons that I haven't seen in stores around me.

Some of the polymer clay beads are (gee, trying to think of a suitable word here) beyond adorable. Some artists make very detailed, figure buttons.

Sally

You can always use standard style buttons but make them interesting by piling on or something similar.

There was a post here a while back - in show and tell that used buttons in an interesting way... really cute and notable as well.

I'll try a quick check to see if I can find it to show you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

sorry, I couldn't find it when I looked

Joann's is having a sale, buttons 50% off, as of yesterday. They had some pretty cute ones. I bought two sets of buttons for purses I am making. One set is glass with kind of mother of pearl background, rectangular shaped. They were $7.00 for two buttons, but I got them for $3.50 and they are really beautiful. The other set is for a little girls purse, kitty heads, and they are really cute, too.

I LOVE Joanns buttons and now that I read they are having a 50% off sale, I'm definitely going to have to go and check it out. I had told my mom that I wanted buttons from Joanns for Christmas as there were so many cute ones there. So I got a little box with quite a few different styles.....some were butterflies, flowers, cats, ladybugs, etc.

Archived