Should A Mannequin Head Or Human Model Head Be Used For Hats?

SHOULD A MANNEQUIN HEAD OR HUMAN MODEL HEAD BE USED FOR HATS?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD A MANNEQUIN HEAD OR HUMAN MODEL HEAD BE USED FOR HATS?

• Will a mannequin head sell more hats?
    • Will a human model head sell more hats?
    • Doesn't matter?
    • Undecided?

I have often pondered this and I think it depends on the model and the manequin. I have seen styro heads with faces drawn on them, and to me that looks unprofessional.

The same with the greasy headed guy that someone mentioned earlier.

The reality is if you buy a hat from even the most upper market store, or a market, someone will have tried it on before you do. In fact numerous someones, so I guess it depends on how professional it looks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this point has been made already, but I also think it matters on how professional the photos look. I mean, in catalogues and magazines, they use real people to sell the hats, but those photos LOOK professional. If it just looks like a quick photo with the digicam, and not a professional photo, then that would also inpact my choice of how sanitary they seem. When selling things via internet, apperances count for a whole lot.

I would rather have a mannequin model, I have the same thought, I dont want a hat thats been on some one elses head I dont know. I would buy if a human model was used only if it was a sample and the one being sold wasnt the one on his/her head.

Kim

Interesting thread.

Just an afterthought...there is a famous blogger that made a pair of socks for a friend and she and her daughter tried on the socks. They blogged about making the socks and mentioned that they were a gift. I suppose she could have used a foot mannequin but she didn't and it's interesting that no one even mentioned the fact that she & her daughter had the socks on their feet.

I am planning to get me some heads very soon. What about a child sized head, aren't they harder to find? I wanted a couple adult heads and a child head. I am going to make scarves and hats all spring and summer and sell them this fall. I know I can easily get the adult heads, but I'm not sure about the child sized, do any of you have a child sized head, or anything you use for child hats?

Yes, child heads are harder to find. I haven't added children's hats yet, but plan to. I'm purchasing a more lifelike head also. I currently use a styrofoam head to model my hats, but want a more lifelike look.

I am planning to get me some heads very soon. What about a child sized head, aren't they harder to find? I wanted a couple adult heads and a child head. I am going to make scarves and hats all spring and summer and sell them this fall. I know I can easily get the adult heads, but I'm not sure about the child sized, do any of you have a child sized head, or anything you use for child hats?

Archived