Looking for: crinkly papery stuff

I have no idea what this stuff is called. It's in almost every baby toy and in cat toys too. It's super crinkly sounding. I'm guessing it's a plasticy kind of paper? Know what I'm talking about???

Where can I buy some? I am making some baby toys. My son loves his toys that crinkle.

Candy wrapers. Just rinse them really well. They keep on working longer than wax paper. But if you are using it for children, make sure to use one like a mars bar, that's nut free and wash it really well. Alergies can develop later on, or they may unknowingly bring the toy somewhere with an alergic friend.

thanks everyone!

i just thought of something too...how about the clear window on your bills you get in the mail? they are crinkly.

i just wish you could get professional grade sheets of it at craft stores.

thanks everyone!

i just thought of something too...how about the clear window on your bills you get in the mail? they are crinkly.

i just wish you could get professional grade sheets of it at craft stores.

That is what I used when I made cat toys. Then I stuffed some stuffing and catnip inside :hook

Good call on the celophane! Phone your local art store for the thick celophane (easier than going there) I just went into my giftwrap stash and the thiner celophane I have would probably wear out fast. Also, velum is a type of tracing paper, so it would wear out quickly, especially if exposed to any moisture.

• 7 months later...

I've made cat toys using the plastic bags from pretzels and chips! They crinkle really well. Just be sure to wash them in hot, soapy water and dry.

Archived