Ghans for Hospice Patients **FINISHED** PHOTO UPDATE posts #43 and #47

samtaro

Samantha do you still need squares?

I have had them ready to mail out since last Wednesday but that morning I turned wrong or some thing and have been on my back till today:(

My back is still hurting but not like it was thank the lord! Anyway my hubby said he will take my packages to the Post Office tomorrow for me.

I just want to make sure before I send them out.

Hugs,

sissie

Hi Sam I just got back from the Post Office and you have squares heading your way. Like I was telling Sheryl I think I messed up yours and hers. you should have two red & green and two Pinks. If you can use these please do. If not let me know ok?

sorry I think,

hugs,

sissie

Hi Sam I just got back from the Post Office and you have squares heading your way. Like I was telling Sheryl I think I messed up yours and hers. you should have two red & green and two Pinks. If you can use these please do. If not let me know ok?

sorry I think,

hugs,

sissie

I will let you know as soon as they get here! If they are the right size I am certain they will fit somewhere!

Recieved squares from Sissie and pineknot! Thank you everyone.

Update: We are seriously getting there on both ghans! I went to the hospital earlier this week (2008 has not been fun for me thus far!), so I am way behind in my OWN squares, but I am not "allowed" to go out until I finish my antibiotics, so I will have time!

Thanks again everyone.

did you get the right squares? :blush

how many 12" squares are you using for your Lapghans?

Not sure if I got the ones meant for me, but they are perfect for the ghan!

For the ghans, I use 24. It's a ton, I know, but the hospice house in question is super cold, so I wanted them to be extra snuggly!

How's the square counting? Do you still need anymore?

Counting the squares I made tonight, there are 28 feminine squares and 22 manly squares, enough for one full feminine ghan with 4 left over, and just needing two to finish the manly ghan. I am going to make this an ongoing thing though, so I will always accept more squares and help! I am just excited that here shortly I should have a final ghan to show you guys! Just have to edge, weave in ends to the ones I made, and assemble!

Cool. Being that ghans are not a necessity here :( FL you know. I'll keep making squares and sending them your way. Let us know the response when you get these 2 ghans to them.

Okay, here are the finished (ends weaved, edged, laid out in order to be joined) squares for the feminine ghan!

DSC04457.jpg

Wow, the 'girly' blanket is really looking nice! The orange and white one is my favorite square. I like how the colors are arranged. Can't wait to see my squares in the 'manly' blanket!

Wow, the 'girly' blanket is really looking nice! The orange and white one is my favorite square. I like how the colors are arranged. Can't wait to see my squares in the 'manly' blanket!

They are going to look awesome, they are the last pieces for that one :D I'll let you know as soon as they make it!

"Girly" blanket is FINISHED! Whoooooo didn't think I could make it, I was seeing squares in my sleep :eek

Anyway I will be delivering this one next Sunday, and the other when it is finished.

For now let's put a halt on new squares just so I can get the manly ghan finished, but I will open this again in the future!

Here's a photo of the finished "girly" ghan! The squares got moved a little, courtesy of my husband who would bring me them "in order" to stitch...silly boys :D It still looks great though!

DSC04462.jpg

Thanks you guys! Working on the last square for the manly blanket.

Once I have this finished, I think I will start the process again, though they are a lot of work I really enjoy making these and they are for such a good cause.

Manly blanket finished!

In a couple of weeks or so I will open it up to new squares for new ghans, but here is the second finished product!

DSC04478.jpg

Archived