Ghans for Hospice Patients **FINISHED** PHOTO UPDATE posts #43 and #47

samtaro

My mother is a hospice nurse, and she has told me time and time again how chilly it can be there, and that the patients don't always have enough blankets. To me, this is just inexcusable...these people don't have a lot of time left, and I want to see what I can do to make them comfortable.

I would like to make two ghans, one in manly colors, one in feminine colors. For the manly colored one, I am looking for red, navy blue, hunter green, grey, black, other various colors. For the feminine ghan, I am looking for purples, pinks, baby blues, other colors people think would fit.

I would like 12 inch squares. Weaving in ends would be a big help. I will edge them all myself :D

If you want to help, PM me for the address! I will post progess pics, of course!

I'm in... I can work on some squares this weekend and mail them to you next week.

If you want make more ghans later, after the holidays, lemme know and I'll keep sending you squares :cheer:cheer

Actually I have been doing this inbetween other things...My MIL is a patient of Hospice but still here at home, So i just give them to the nurse or social worker when they comes...

It is a great cause for sure!

Actually I have been doing this inbetween other things...My MIL is a patient of Hospice but still here at home, So i just give them to the nurse or social worker when they comes...

It is a great cause for sure!

Thank you! I think it's a good cause, only one other person working on it so far besides me. I've got 6 squares of my own done so far.

I would love to help after the holidays if that is ok. I will get back to you.:hook

Sounds great :)

After the new year I can help with some of the manly color ones

Linda

Sounds great, I plan to make this an ongoing project so anytime is good for me!

I can send you four 'manly' squares in blues and greens. I'll PM you.

Got your PM, thank you for your help!

Squares on the way from some, thank you! I have made 8 squares for the manly blanket and 4 so far for the softer colors blanket so far.

I got two squares for you. One feminine and one macho LOL

Macho manly blanket! Hooray!

Thank you for your help!

My squares are in the mail today.

Recieved them, thank you! They are lovely.

Squares in the mail today. I'll be sending more in near future. Thanks for letting me be a part of this project.:hug

Recieved 2 beautiful squares!

Thank you!

A beautiful purple and white flower square and manly square recieved today, thank you.

Sorry if I miss PMing anyone direct when the squares get to me, I had a scare, my doctor found a breast lump. Thankfully, it was found today to be just a fiberous lump! I just need to keep my eyes on it and do my self breast exams more often now.

I just feel very lucky to have more time for my life, which makes me want to badly to work on this project and make it the very best I can. No one should have to be cold, or feel uncared for, when they are living the last of their lives.

Sorry for the long message, I am just feeling sentimental I suppose.

Thank you again everyone!

Whew! Finally getting my butt back in gear, and I will try to take pics of the squares I have done and ones I have recieved soon!

Archived