Fluffy Pink Shrug Schematics

mrs who

mavelous pattern! i have the perfect yarn to try this on and ive been looking for a pretty shrug to wear with a sleeveless dress i have. thanks so much for sharing this pattern! :hug

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also want to thank you for this pattern. I thought it was gorgeous since the moment I saw it. I am making it as we speak. I will post a picture when I get it done. I can't wait to get to the ruffle part. I've got a long ways til I get to that point! Thanks again for sharing!:cheer:clap :clap :c9

That turned out absolutely gorgeous! I want to try it but you say how simple it is but to me just "adding a ruffle" is not just that easy. :think I am going to try to do this anyway, as I have 2 grandaughters and I would love to make that for them! It is just beautiful! Thank you for the pattern. :hook

I had found this guide somewhere awhile back and tried it but mine turned out awful! Unfortunately I had used this mohair type yarn that is near impossible to frog so its been tossed to do ???? with. I really love this pattern though so maybe I'll give it another try in another yarn that is easier to work with. If anyone comes up with something more exact...like how to do the ruffle, etc. I'd love to hear about it. I've only been crocheting since Oct 04 so I need all the help I can get!! :D

Now I'm worried. I've just gotten to the point where I'm ready to stitch the sleeves up on my shrug and so I can begin the ruffles. Is the ruffle hard?? I'm using TLC baby sport weight yarn. It is soft, but the yarn splits open easily with my hook. I wouldn't use that yarn again.

Has anyone else made an ADULT sized one just like the one in the picture? Long sleeved--with ruffles.....I'd like to see it if you have! All I've seen is ones for teens or toddlers/babies or adult ones with only 3/4 length sleeves. I'm curious as to how they look on adults.

Thanks!

Found this from the About.com Crochet forum (http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&tsn=1&tid=18561&webtag=ab-crochet - There are photos here of two shrugs that were made by the poster for her daughters) This is beautiful and I really want to try it. I just have a couple of questions. I'm not terribly new to crochet, but I have never seen the terms "FLO" or "BLO"... Could you maybe explain what that means? Here is the section I am referring to:

"Row 2: Sc in FLO of first stitch, * sc in BLO of next stitch, sc in FLO of next stitch* across. Ch 1, turn."

Also, how did you to the wrist ruffles? I'm terrible at increasing properly...

Thanks!

~Jen

I know you weren't asking me, but I saw your post and figured you'd rather have an answer ASAP. FLO is front loop only and BLO is back loop only. So you would do whatever stitch it is that you're doing in either FLO or BLO, which can have different effects, depending on how you do it. It could have a nice ribbing effect. I think in the one here, she alternated FLO and BLO. As far as the ruffles, were you talking about the ruffles on the ones that Chelle did for her little girls, or the ones on this post?

Thank you! I've never seen is shortened like that in my patterns; usually it just told me in long hand. It makes sense tho :) For the ruffle, I meant the one in this post, tho Chelle's option is very cute for a little girl's version. I always have trouble with increasing on my own without help from a pattern, cuz usually my stuff ends up bumpy instead of a smooth transition... lol.

Thank you! I've never seen is shortened like that in my patterns; usually it just told me in long hand. It makes sense tho :) For the ruffle, I meant the one in this post, tho Chelle's option is very cute for a little girl's version. I always have trouble with increasing on my own without help from a pattern, cuz usually my stuff ends up bumpy instead of a smooth transition... lol.

Well, hopefully Mrs. Who will see your post and let you know, I could guess, but I don't want to step on anybody's toes. Good luck.

Also, how did you to the wrist ruffles? I'm terrible at increasing properly...

Thanks!

~Jen

Hi Jen,

The wrist ruffle was just the regular ruffle with no subsequent increases: "For the ruffle, I single crocheted around the body opening, making sure my sc were an amount divisible by three. My ruffle pattern is *2dc, ch 1, 2dc (shell made), ch 1 skip 2 scs* across. On subsequent rounds, slip stitch into the center of the shell, do a ch 3 for initial dc, then dc, ch 1, 2dc, ch 1. In next shell, make shell (2dc, ch1, 2dc) ch 1. "

Lauri

Hi Jen,

The wrist ruffle was just the regular ruffle with no subsequent increases: "For the ruffle, I single crocheted around the body opening, making sure my sc were an amount divisible by three. My ruffle pattern is *2dc, ch 1, 2dc (shell made), ch 1 skip 2 scs* across. On subsequent rounds, slip stitch into the center of the shell, do a ch 3 for initial dc, then dc, ch 1, 2dc, ch 1. In next shell, make shell (2dc, ch1, 2dc) ch 1. "

Lauri

Okay thanks :) I didn't realize that that was all it was.

I made a little shrug for my neice using these schematics, and now my sister wants me to make one for her too and I want one for myself. lol :) My sister and I are going to go to the store this weekend and she's going to choose what color yarn she wants.

:ty I've been searching for a new shrug for my DD for the fall and this is pur-fect!

Ok, I had already tried making this once and made a mess of it. Unfortunately I chose to use a mohair type yarn that was very difficult to frog! I really, really love this though for my daughter....I think I am going to try it again in a different yarn. I may have to ask for some help if I get confused!! Wish me luck!!:D

I just finished making mine... and I love it.

Thank you so much for the guidelines they were a great help (I wouldn't have known where to start otherwise)

:ty :ty :ty

Do you have a photo you can show us? I'd love to see all the different variations people have made :)

Archived