Tissue Box Covers

nevadamama

Just completed these tissue box covers for the guys on my Chirstmas list. I didn't have a pattern but I'm pleased with how they turned out. One is for a Cubs fan and the other is for a guy who like's Tony Stewart from NASCAR. I printed the #20 on my computer and glued a black crochet chain around it. The baseball one has a baseball, on the side, that I also printed out.

1007190yq6.jpg

What a wonderful idea!!! I always thought they were for plastic canvas stitching - I never even thought to crochet one. Wow that would be much easier for me that's for sure!

Your work is awesome - very very nice!;)

Could you share your pattern or pattern source? And do you use a certain stitch???

These are adorable! I'm working on one right now that's worked in one piece from the book Needles to Hook that just looks like a turtleneck sweater, but I like your creativity!

I was wondering if it could be made in one piece but I haven't been able to figure it out. I make the sides in one piece or four depending on the design. I did these in sc with an I hook but I've seen others done in dc.

What a wonderful idea!!! I always thought they were for plastic canvas stitching - I never even thought to crochet one. Wow that would be much easier for me that's for sure!

Your work is awesome - very very nice!;)

Could you share your pattern or pattern source? And do you use a certain stitch???

I don't have a pattern source, sorry. I just measured the tissue box and sc crocheted to that size. I found making the sides in one piece (with just one side to sew) is easier & faster than making fours sides and sewing or crocheting them all together. For the top, I once again measured and left a hole for the Kleenex to come through. It was then sewn or crocheted to the top of the sides. I've seen others done in dc instead of sc. Hope I helped you some.

Well you've officially got an idea that is on my future WIP list for the new year - those are great and sc sounds like a good st to use for them! On your orange one did you just sc in white on all the sides for "accenting"?

Thanks for sharing!:)

Well you've officially got an idea that is on my future WIP list for the new year - those are great and sc sounds like a good st to use for them! On your orange one did you just sc in white on all the sides for "accenting"?

Thanks for sharing!:)

The sides and top are joined with white sc. Yes, I choose white for an accent instead of using the orange.

• 9 months later...

Archived