Crochet Lite, need input from someone that has....

NeedSleep

I was so excited to finally order the Crochet Lite hooks, but am a little confused now that I have them. They are not like pictured here, even though this is where I ordered them:

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/notions-hooks-crochetlite.html

Instead they are like these:

http://www.widgetproducts.net/products.html

Obviously, the grips are different.

What I'm wondering, is if the handle size is different. See, I use Clover Soft Touch hooks and was hoping the Crochet Lite would have the same size/shape handles.

Is there anyone out there that has both the Crochet Lite like pictured in Knittin-Warehouse site AND the Clover Soft Touch that can tell me if the handles are the same size?

Thanks!

I had just ordered a set of nine from Herrschners since they were offering free shipping and they came today. I had to go look at the back of the package to see what brand they were. They say Clover Needlecraft, Inc on the bottom and they are the ones on the Knittingwarehouse site.

Haven't used them yet, am used to Susan Bates hooks so will have to see.

Sorry but I don't have the others.

LI Roe

I have the Clover Soft Touch hooks AND the Clover Lite hooks. Mine look like the FIRST link/picture. I actually like the grip/feel of the lighted hooks better because the handle is a bit larger-probably because of the batteries. Maybe the OLDER, first produced, Clover Lite hooks look the first picture and the newer, more recently produced Clover Lite hooks look like the second picture? I did get several of my hooks on sale at half price at Joann's a couple months ago.

I'm a Bates head lover as well and I actually enjoy the closed heads on the Crochet lites I can also crochet longer with these the handles are very comfortable. :)

I have the ones from Knitting Ware House. I bought some at Joanns Fabric when they had their clearance a while back, and the rest of the sizes I didn't get at Joanns got them at Micaels when they was on sale half off. the other hooks you gave the link for looks like the handles are different some how not sure if its more round or just bigger. Just something is different. I love the lighted crochet:hook hooks:yes.

I'm not sure how different the two hooks are but from what I can see, the page where you order says they are CLOVER's new crochet lites, not Widget's Inc Crochet Lites. Obviously they must be different than Clover Soft Touch handles/hooks or you wouldn't be asking, right?

I think I would email knitting warehouse. They may refund you or give you credit if you send them back. I'm sorry you didn't get what the site said you were getting. It says Clover so they should be clover in my opinion, not a "widget". :think I don't think it's fair if they change manufacturer & still call them the same when clover didn't have anything to do with making them. Do they think we won't notice when we crochet for hours at a time?

And I was thinking of getting another crochet lite too. I have it on my wishlist but was thinking of breaking down & getting it myself. I went to Jo Ann's 45 min away to try & find one last month but they don't carry them in my store.

I do have one but I have had it for a while. They may have changed manufacturers due to production prices. I have no problem with mine other than the acrylic hook is not as slick as metal but they can't do much about that, as you can't put a lite inside aluminum & have it light the neck of the hook. :lol

Knitting Warehouse did say they'd be glad to take them back, but I kept them. I maye end up giving them to my sister as I can't get used to the acylic head anyway.

Knitting warehouse also said they'd update their site, but I see they haven't done that yet.

I've got the Clover ones, as pictured in the first link. The handles are basically the same as the soft touch, just slightly bigger to accomodate the light and batteries. Overall though they're great!

Hello! I too have the 1st set of lighted hooks.....they said Clover on the package, but don't have the black rubber grip on them. I like them fine. It is a little odd for me to crochet with plastic since I'm so used to an aluminum hook. I recently bought a Brittany wooden hook and I love it. But overall, I am pleased with the lighted hooks. I'm sure, that with anything, you get used to what you use most often, so when you switch, it does feel a bit odd. And it fantastic to be able to crochet in black again! I had given up on dark colors completely! Good luck!

Terry

Archived