Lion Brand "Elegant" Shawl..has anyone made this one?

Hello everyone.

I have decided that after Christmas, I am going to make myself a shawl. I have wanted one for a long time as it gets very cold where I work and also at my home. I live in an old and kind of drafty house and when the Kansas winds get to blowing, it gets pretty chilly in my front room.

Anyway, I have been cruising the web looking for shawl patterns & I really love this one. http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-shal.html?noImages= Have any of you made it & what did you think of it? It looks pretty in the picture but I'm not sure if it is the one for me or not. I also love the Seraphina shawl but am kind of intimidated by the pattern.

Have a good day or night! :crocheting

Katie

I haven't made it but I did jump on to Ravelry for you to see if anyone on there had made it. No one has so I can't help much. Sorry! THIS pattern also looks really nice (and warm). I love all of Priscilla's stuff, though, so maybe I am partial. Good luck finding the right pattern!

Sara

I hadn't seen that shawl but I have some cornflower Bernat Worsted that is now going to become this shawl (correction - is becoming).

I wish the picture were clearer about the stitch pattern but that's why they pay us the big bucks ... right?

:wlol

Thank you ladies for responding...

Sara, Thanks for checking Ravelry, I hadn't thought of that. I am signed up over there, but haven't looked around too much, am still learning the site. The Priscilla pattern you linked to looks very promissing, that may just be the one I make. Looks simple and quick, and with the half, single, and double crochet stitches, I wouldn't get bored with it before it was finished. Thanks for posting the link.

Deb, if you decide to make this, please post about your progress. I just may have to make two shawls! :hook

Darski, the shawl would be beautiful in a cornflower blue color. I hope you decide to make it, I would love to see your progress. The picture really isn't too clear, but like you said, that's why we get the big bucks!:lol

Maybe a CAL???? if there is enough interest. My plate is full til after Christmas, but I'd be interested after the first of the year, if anyone else would be.

I started it once with Homespun & the suggested hook size, but didn't like how loose the stitches were, so frogged it & made something else. It was also very bulky, but with big holes if I remember right.

Darski, You don't waste any time do you!!:crocheting I would love to see a picture of what you have done so far, if you don't mind posting one.

Breeze, I was wondering about the "holeyness" of the pattern, the picture at the Lion Brand site isn't the greatest, but I do love the shawl..I was planning on using Homespun, too. Thanks for your input

Hmmmm....still trying to decide if I want to commit to this or not.

Have a great night everyone!

Katie

Katie, I haven't gotten the Lionbrand shawl pattern to load yet (it's working while I type this) but I wanted to tell you that the Seraphina isn't all that hard. I know other people have had difficulties, but I never have.. once you get the pattern down.. it's easy peasy. I've made it over and over again...

This is as far as I could get today and it is to Row 7. yes, the holes are notable but I like that effect for some reason in a shawl. The top edge is now 14 inches. i am using the Bernat Worsted which they say is a {4} but is quite hefty for a WW yarn. I am using a 7mm hook - that could have been smaller but why? :wlol

elegant1.jpg

This is as far as I could get today and it is to Row 7. yes, the holes are notable but I like that effect for some reason in a shawl. The top edge is now 14 inches. i am using the Bernat Worsted which they say is a {4} but is quite hefty for a WW yarn. I am using a 7mm hook - that could have been smaller but why? :wlol

elegant1.jpg

I like yours much better than I did the one I tried with HS. You can see the pattern better & the holes are smaller. Nice look!

elegant1.jpg

Very pretty Darski. I think it looks just a little like a butterfly. :)

elegant1.jpg

This is very pretty, Darci. It is nice to be able to see the stitches. I agree with the other poster who said it looks like a butterfly..Have you worked on it any more? I am still trying to decide which shawl pattern I want to use. Can't start anything til after Christmas, so i have a couple of weeks to make up my mind.

Katie, I haven't gotten the Lionbrand shawl pattern to load yet (it's working while I type this) but I wanted to tell you that the Seraphina isn't all that hard. I know other people have had difficulties, but I never have.. once you get the pattern down.. it's easy peasy. I've made it over and over again...

Hi Lisa, I keep going back to that Seraphina shawl. It is so pretty. I may end up making it. So you have made several of them? What kind of yarn did you use? Glad you were successful with it, I've read several posts that indicated the pattern is hard to follow.

Have a good night,:hook

Katie

Archived