Cotton slippers?

What do you people use for slippers? I have not made any yet, but I had a pair made out of red heart that got holes in less than a year. I heard this from others too. I was thinking, would cotton make a good slipper?

You can make soles for slippers with the pajama feet vinyl with the little bumps on it. JoAnn's has it or use their vinyl shelf liner with the tiny pin holes in it. Don't know what it's called but it's slightly spongy. I've used this on RH yarn for a child's slippers. Sew or use rug backing adhesive to put it on. Slipper sox soles can be ordered on the internet but are a bit expensive.

There's a pattern in Simple Crochet for Slippers using Medium/Heavy Cotton Kitchen Twine. Haven't made them but I'm using the Kitchen cord for a table runner and it's actually pretty soft.

Tandi

I cannot wear acrylic on my feet it just hurts like heck to walk in them. I'm diabetic and my feet are sensitive. Whatever you use put some puffy type fabric paint in dots on the bottoms so you won't slip.

Dude, you are all about Home Depot! LOL

Alisha, what material do you like for your slippers? I was thinking of making a pair for my mother in law who is also diabetic with very sensitive feet. Have you ever tried them with 2 strands of Caron Simply Soft? Thought about giving that a shot.

Tandi

I haven't made any for mysel except w red heart and I really couldn't eve walk in them youch. I honestly never knew how sensitive my feet were until I tried to walk in them. I haven't made any out of anything else but I think your idea about the simply soft could work. I might try that myself. I've made some before for someone out of cotton and they weren't bad but I didn't walk around in them, just checked for fit.

Archived