Snowing AGAIN in Ontario

Beverley

Hello everyone...if you live in Canada, or where I live in Ontario...it's snowing like crazy! I must say it's beautiful but terrible to drive in. It's days like these I love to just work on my crochet projects all day!

Send some of that snow here to Columbus, Ohio! I LOVE snow and we don't get enough of it here anymore.

From what the weather people are saying here in the Cincinnati area, Ohio has a chance of a good snowfall late this weekend. At least that is what they were saying in the wee hours this morning when I was getting ready for work. Only time will tell. You know how the weather is around here :lol

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate winter! The snow is pretty, but when you have to walk and take buses, it can really suck! Yes, it is good for the kids and what not, but the worst part is, I hate getting slushed by vehicles that zoom by on the side of the road. Oh well, after 38 years of it (yes, that's my age), you'd think I'd be used to it. If you love snow, move to southern/central Ontario! :hook

Enjoying a heating pad,

Sheri Adams

:flake SNOW may be awful to have to walk and drive in, but it's where our water

comes from and I'm just very grateful, living in AZ (Snowflake, no less)

that we're not burning up like California.... I think it'd be great if we all

prayed for those people to get some extra moisture this year. They are

expected to get some rain and they are afraid of mudslides, etc, because

of the fire damage. Maybe SNOW is just what they need that wouldn't melt

quite so fast.

We've gotten sprinkles all day today (thank heavens!) and it's still going at

it! It's dry most everywhere in the U.S. so yeah, right now, snow sounds

GREAT!!!!

:flake

We have just a light dusting of snow on th ground this morning.

I remember TONS of snow in Toronto when I was little. We used to make snow forts. :cheer

I bought sleds for my girls about 2 years ago. Can you believe I've only dug the sleds out a handful of times in a two year span! We've only had about 3 or 4 decent snowfalls in a couple of years. It's pretty pathetic to see my kids on their sled going down hills that are "thread bare". Mostly there's just a sheet of ice (we had about 3 or 4 kids break limbs on the school yarn hill after school because of the thin layer of ice last year).

I hope for some really good snowfall for the kids but, other than that, it's nice to not have to shovel and see the city come to a standstill because of snow.

Cheryl.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sherry. I'm also in Peterborough. I hear ya about our winter weather ... & don't get me started on our local buses ... lol!

Isn't this a great forum?! At age 49, I wish I had grown my passion for crochet (among others) a few years ago. Oh well, everything happens in its own time (or so I believe).

Linda C.

I'm in 'corner' of southwestern Ontario, south of Windsor. Yes, I remember years ago getting LOTS of snow. Although in recent years, we've gotten so little that a foot or so at one time like we just got is considered a lot.

I remember snow piled up to hydro lines, this was down by the lake...the houses on the south side had small back yards edged by the lake. The snow would be drifted to the roof of our one-storey school.

I don't complain about winter's cold or snow though, cause I know in summer when it's hot and sticky, I'll be thinking fondly of it. Nor do I complain about the heat in the summer, cause I know in winter...

Sally

Archived