Need yarn suggestions (and one OT question)

A good friend of mine just lost her niece to Cystic Fibrosis (she was her "second mom") and I'm trying to put together a comfortghan for her. I'm doing it a little differently - the bunch of ladies I'm going in on this with can't crochet (LOL) so they're all picking and sending me a skein of yarn and I'll make the squares and stuff.

Anyway, my questions ...

What brand yarn would you use? I'm debating between your old stand by (RH super savers because they last forever and a half) and Caron simply soft (because it is so soft and snuggly and just seems nicer to me than RH). It needs to be an inexpensive yarn and easy to find.

My OT question - does anyone know the CF awareness color? I'm seeing both purple and blue when I search, and I'm not sure which it is - she was in Canada so I also don't know if the awareness color may be different. If we can, I'd like to do the ghan in that a combination of whatever the CF awareness color is and her niece's favorite color.

Thanks!

I adore Simply Soft... that's what I would pick. :)

When I'm going to use regular worsted, I also tend to stick with Caron... I prefer the feel of their worsted (usually the Pounders) over Red Heart. Though Red Heart TLC has a nice feel, too.

Yes the cystic fibrosis colors for their awareness ribbon is purple, and some people even put a red rose on it also.

I think the simply soft yarn would be wonderful to use, but than you want to be sure to get the colors you want too in the brand you plan to use.

Blessings,

rori

I also love Simply Soft. Don't know if you have a Hobby Lobby near you, but here in OK it is 70 cents per skein cheaper ($1.25 cost per skein) than Wal Mart or any other craft store. Maybe ordering online could be an option?

Tandi

Thanks for the suggestions ladies - I think we'll go with teh simply soft for now. I'm having people send me skeins, so I wanted to pick something that was easy to find - I do actually have a couple of ladies who asked if they could do squares, I am so excited about that!! I didn't realize that some of them crocheted, I think that is so neat!

Thanks again!

Archived