Webkinz anyone?

The kids are all addicted to the Webkinz animals and the website. Has anyone attemped to make clothing for the furry beings? I know that the gift shop in my hospital said they were getting clothing in for them, so maybe we can start thinking of crocheted items for them too! Darski you always have good ideas for this type of thing, what do you think!

Webkinz are animals of all kind that come with a code on the hang tag. When you enter the code on the website you earn points and can spend them on food, clothes, and furnishings in the rooms you have to decorate. You decide what sex and name they will have and enter it and it gives you a birthday and birth certificate. My grandson even loves it. They can play games and earn even more points. They even have special ones that are released for different holidays, and they retire some of the older ones too, which make them more valuable. They really are kind of fun, and since you have to keep them happy and fed, teaches responsibility.

heard of them? my house is full of them!!!!!!! i was pretty addicted to them myself. have not played in a while though. thought about making cloths...but she does not keep her build a bears dressed so i did not bother.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter is getting her first 2 for Christmas, one from each grandma. I went with my mom at lunch today and helped her pick out the right one. They had a doggy sweater that looked just like one I've seen for "real" dogs. It looked like it would be really simple to make, all sc with ridges.

The clothes were mostly in the $6.50 range. The benefit of buying them is that they come with a secret code that allows them to "buy" stuff for their online critter.

My niece who lives in Germany has a few so she and my daughter will be able to play together with their critters in each other's "rooms". It's evidently very addicting. It was a pretty good marketing ploy....

yeah my nephew has some and i have made callers and sweater for a few.......But i can only make something for them when I have the toy here with me....So i guess I will need to get him one for Christmas and make it a bunch of things lol

Well he likes them so why not....

No crocheted clothes yet for the Webkinz.

My kids spend more time on the website than they do playing with the stuffed animal. :think The website has a TON of things the kids can do.

Cheryl.

Archived