alchemyfyr

border suggestion for ripple afghan?

7 posts in this topic

I made a ripple afghan for my parents using LionBrand Homespun in Barley. I would like to add a 3 inch border around but don't know what would look good with the ripple design. Any suggestions?

Also, I have a whole skein left of the Barley, should I just do the border entirely in the Barley, or use another color for the border? Or do a row in another color and then continue with the Barley? Thanks for any suggestions!

I generally don't do a border with my round ripples, I just make them to size and finish with a crab stitch (reverse single crochet). If you do a border, personally, unless you have been using other colors in the afghan, I'd stick with the same color. I love the simplicity of a single color afghan.

If it is the ripple pattern from Lionbrand, the one made from Homespun, I just sc'd up the sides. It is really hard to make a border on a ripple.

I have never really seen a ripple afghan with a border. The points tend to limit what you can put on there and they form their own points of interest :wlol

I have never put a border on my ripples. I don't feel it needs one and I think it would be too hard for me to figure out how to do it anyway. If you feel you really need one then maybe just SC all around. Mary

Thanks for the ideas. I will try sc around the edge and see how I like it. Maybe I'll try a row of black and then continue with the Barley. Thanks.