Blanket for Aunt

tiffmeyer

This is my first time doing this, correct me if I do or say anything wrong.

My husbands aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer "stage 2". I wanted to crochet her a pink blanket with the cancer awareness ribbon fileted in it, but unfortunatly time will not allow for I want her to have it before her surgery. I want her to be able to wrap the blanket around her and feel comforted and know that someone is thinking of her by putting this special blanket together for her. She is a regular runner and was supposed to run in the last NY marathon but just couldn't concentrate enough so she sat on the sidelines.

I was wondering if anyone can help me and chip in with a square and I will put the blanket together. If anyone can or has a pattern for the ribbon I would like to throw a few squares in with the ribbon.

I was thinking 8" squares in pink I guess light pink for the breast cancer awareness.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated it.

Tiffany

:manyheart

Tiffany, my best wishes for your Aunt...

I was looking in my files and don't have the ribbon pattern....though I have seen it.

If you can get a link for it I would gladly send you at least one square.

:hug

Tiffany I have a square almoat done using a graph I got from a plastic canvas site.. I'll be making several of them to send on to you..

Shelly, is it a free site?

Yes it was a free pattern... I'm not sure what site it was on right now.... any pattern I make for anyone is either free or can be made and used but the pattern not given... actually what it is is a graph for plastic canvas...

Thank you so much everyone. I am so anxious to get the squares I am going to work on a few this weekend i will keep everyone posted with pictures of progress. I am so appreciative of everyones help. This is going to be really special for her.

Tiffany

:manyheart

or if you go to http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/pink-ribbon.html there is a PDF file for a crochet afghan. It is made of 12 inch squares and might be faster to put together that way.

Just a few suggestions.

I made the afghan in the above link. It's from the crochetcabana site. I made it for my future sister in law who just found out she has breast cancer.

I made it within about a week. I did the pink ribbon squares and then white squares for the plain squares. She LOVED it! I'll get a picture posted when I get them uploaded.

If someone wants to do 12" squares that is ok with me I will block them in somehow. I thought if I put a it like this it will match up.

8 8 8 12 12

8 8 8

8 8 8 12 12

that will give me to 24X24 blocks

Just thinking of ideas thats all.... :think

If someone wants to do 12" squares that is ok with me I will block them in somehow. I thought if I put a it like this it will match up.

8 8 8 12 12

8 8 8

8 8 8 12 12

that will give me to 24X24 blocks

Just thinking of ideas thats all.... :think

GREAT! I do have that 12 inch pattern

I just bought some pink yarn I am going to start my squares tonight.

I am going to do some 8" and 12" and I will see what all I get from everyone and just add from there. I would like to get the blanket out within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again everyone for chipping in.

Tiffany

P.S.

I will definetly get pictures up as I progress.

I just finished that square last night, too. I couldn't add the last row of dc's though, or the sc border, or it would have been closer to 13 inches!I'll be sending it no later than Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...
I can send a regular pink square...pm me your addy....

I have been so busy but I don't think I thanked you and let you know the square came.

I joined the holiday wishlist and have been busy elfin' LOL and trying to work on my cancer awarenes blanket for my aunt ~hoping to get it done for christmas~ before her surger.

Anyway thank you soooooooooo much.

:hug

I am willing to take anything anyone will give me. I have 10 12" ones and 7 8" ones.

After tomorrow I will be done elfin' so I am going to start doing some squares for that to get it done for her by christmas.

Thank You so much you don't know what each square means to me and her after she recieves it. I am going to attach a tag with your name and location if you don't mind for her.:hug

Archived