A story? Not a good title, but...

I just received an email last night from a woman saying thank you, because I stopped when she was hit by a truck. (I was the vehicle directly behind her.) I never met the woman, but apparently she was grateful that I stopped. Not only was I concerned, but I thought that was what you were supposed to do. Well she is very thankful. Turns out her kids go to the same school mine do. We must have both been driving home after dropping our kids off. (This was back in Janurary.) Well she had a bunch of injuries: a badly broken wrist, two neck fractures,and damage to her spine. I just feel so bad for her. I want to make her something! (It's the crocheter in me.):) I just have so much I am working on right now, I don't know if I could take on something big like an afghan. I'm thinking, maybe a scarf? Even though it's spring... What do you all think?

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

I forgot to add: I emailed her back and said I'd like to meet her at school one day. So I'll get a better idea of what colors she likes maybe. A "Comfort Lapghan" might be a nice idea. But a scarf would be quicker... Knowing me, I will probably make the lapghan...:P

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

Thats a really touching story. You've restored my faith in people. I see so many RUDE people these days. They are so caught up in their own little worlds that It does not occur to them to reach out to another human being. I personally am touched by your kindness. :D

Whatever you make for this woman will be treasured forever. I am sure of that.

Lisa

Archived