Red-Orange Yarn?

Raquel

Question

Hi there. I'm looking for a yarn that will match the sofa in this photo; it has been WAY frustrating trying to find a bright reddish-orange color that will work! :irk Any ideas? At this point I don't even care what it's made out of--I'm just trying to match the darn color!

Thanks!

sofacolors.jpg

:book Raquel

9 answers to this question

Well, I just want it pretty darn close. I suppose I could use just red, but I was hoping for something with a little orange in it. The Papaya crochetdude suggested is close but a little too pink. *sigh*. Perhaps I'm being too picky!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions! If you guys run across any other yarns that might work, I'd love it if you let me know!

:book Raquel

Hey Raquel, how about using 2 together? Maybe a sports weight & a boucle. There are some really nice colors out there. Ebay is a really good suggestion too. I have seen some really nice selections there, Boucle & otherwise!

Find a colour red in a shade darker than you want and an orange a shade lighter and work the two together. They need to be in the same tone ie: orangy red and reddish orange. Not with a blue tone which is usually the pinky reds. I dont know what you are making but guess you will need to find a fine ply yarn so the two together would not be too thick.

If it is just a small amount you need, what about looking at Tapestry Threads. The seem to have a large range of shades.

Have fun.

Colleen.

PS: Please t ell us what you are making.:hook:think

Archived