CAL Before 2008 ( I Will Finish One Day)

Lesalicious

I am the same way I come across a couple of things I would like to start crocheting but, I know I wont be able to fit it into my CAL also have a Pay It Forward thank goodness I told them I wont be able to get to those unilt have the holidays even though it would have made a great Christmas gift but, already swap with so many of other Christmas gifts now.:)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting a lot of charity hats and slippers made. I guess you could say that I am finishing stuff that needs doing before 2008.

I do like whipping out some slippers and such though. It's my Fun Fix :wlol

Here's my updated list:

1. Garden Party Wrap (100%) Finished!:yay

2. White Floral Wrap (5%):)

3. Gifts for Holiday Swap (100%) Finished!:yay

4. Boboletta Cocoon Jacket (0%) Have the yarn!:yarn

5. Lisette Shawl (0% but have yarn!):yarn

Kim

I'll join in!

1. Couch Blanket (10%)

2. Purple Penguin (5%)

3. Piglet Toy (5%)

4. Sweater for Sam (0%)

5. Ricebag Covers (0%)

6. Christmas Slippers (40%)

That's what I can think of right now!

I am sending a whole batch of charity stuff out today and I am also getting rid of the Wedding Afghan that was finished months ago. (The wedding was Jy 27th)

I think that getting rid of all this stuff will help me to focus and to concentrate on what is left.

My camera is planning it's funereal it seems... :sigh

I finished one pair of slippers. It's the pair for me since my feet have been cold lately. I have another slipper almost done for a pair that can be a gift for someone. I also have another slipper done that turned out too large so I'll make another one and give them as a gift, too.

I think I'm going to have to revise my list. I've figured out some things I'm going to make for Christmas.

OK, I am finally ready to do a little updating. First off, welcome to the new comers and great job to everyone else! Looks like things are really moving along. Only 34 days until the end of the year!

As I posted above, I finished the hooded scarf. I also made a LOT of progress on my son's ripple blanket. I don't know exactly how big I am going to make it, but I would guess that I am at least half way there. Didn't get much else done this weekend and spent most of last night updating my Ravelry site (just got in yesterday).

I am also adding a cute little baby bunny hat and mittens that I saw in the new Crochet! magazine last night as a gift for a co-worker who is due with her first baby in January. I am going to try to use up some left over Cottontots for it though, so I think I can get started right away tonight. That is just like me....cross one thing off and add another to take it's place. :sigh At least I have fun while I am doing it!

Here is my list:

Baby bunny hat and mittens (0%)

Caleb's Blanket (50%)

Swiffer "Shrugs" for gifts (0/5)

Dish Cloth (3/8)

Pot Holders (1/8)

Helmet liners (2) (0%)

Green & white Baby blanket (80%)

Hooded Scarf for gift (100%)

Dog toy (100%)

Gingerbread man ornament (100%)

Neck Pillow for son (100%)

Fleece baby blanket with edging (100%)

Wow, can't believe it has been 10 days since I was here. So much going on, had to make doll clothes for grand daughter who was here for Thanksgiving, and there was a lot of illness and stuff with family and good friends, but finally had some time this evening so here I am.

KIM: I would like a pattern that isn't just dc or hdc or net. Something with a little design to it. In the meantime I am going to work on a purse. Need to decide if it will be from a pattern or my own design.

Harry Potter Scarf done

Girly scarf done

Fancy scarf done

Wool Poncho 0% Change to Mohair

Mohair shawl 0% I was gifted a shawl

5 complete doll outfits and 1 doll poncho done

2 Purses 0%

Newsboy cap 0%

Hello? Is anyone still here? How are we doing getting things crossed off our lists? I hope the reason no one has been here for a few days is that you were off heating up your hooks! :crocheting

Anyway, I had a very productive weekend, even though I didn't have any time to actually sit and crochet for more than a few minutes. Friday night I finished up the bunny hat and mittens set. They are totally adorable and I posted more info on them in the baby show and tell section.

I also managed to finally sit down and start on the swiffer shrugs. It worked up pretty fast and now that I know the pattern the rest of them should be really easy to whip out. To go along with them I am going to add (there I go making the list longer again) some "sponges" that I found a pattern for. Basically a double thick dish cloth that has a little texture to it for scrubbing.

Did work a little on Caleb's blanket but ended up frogging several rows because it finally dawned on me that I was doing the wrong stitch. That is definitely a hazard when working on more than one project at a time. :hook

Here is my list:

Caleb's Blanket (60%)

Swiffer "Shrugs" for gifts (1/5)

Dish Cloth (3/8)

Pot Holders (1/8)

Helmet liners (2) (0%)

Green & white Baby blanket (80%)

Hooded Scarf for gift (100%)

Dog toy (100%)

Baby bunny hat and mittens (100%)

Gingerbread man ornament (100%)

Neck Pillow for son (100%)

Fleece baby blanket with edging (100%)

Pics of the doll clothes and Cradle Purse I finished

th_HPIM0620.jpg

I love those. I think I have that same doll! :manyheart.

You should join my Yahoo group and share your patterns if they are your own (and if you are not a seller of course). Those are just amazing.

If you sell your patterns you could promote them in the group too :wlol

I'm still here! :cheer I tried a new scarf pattern in the current Crochet! magazine and really didn't like it :(so I'm starting other scarves as gifts. I also got some yarn this weekend to make myself a hat. I seem to be hat-challenged so I'm hoping it turns out ok....:think

Kim

KIM: I would like a pattern that isn't just dc or hdc or net. Something with a little design to it. In the meantime I am going to work on a purse. Need to decide if it will be from a pattern or my own design.

{/quote]

I know what you mean about poncho patterns....really not alot of variety!

Kim

It's bben awhile since I posted here last... :P Here is my updated list:

1. Sweater for Aimee (6 years old) (DONE)

2. Sweater for Kate (4 years old) (DONE)

3. Baby shell blanket (DONE)

4. Cropped cardigan for me (need to finish left front and join it together)

5. Mystery project (over half done)

6. 3SUB for me (DONE)

7. Two baby shell blankets for the church nursery (one is complete and the second has about 15 rows out of 58 done)

Always the sucker for punishment (and slow to get the concept of completing this before adding more :think ) I've added to the list

8. Five one skein scarves (three for me and two for Christmas gifts) (DONE)

9. 2SUB in white and various fun fur skeins I got for $0.50 each (16 rows complete)

I'm going to start over on a new list. I've been figuring out what to make for Christmas.

Cradle Purse

Dinosaur

Doll

Sweater for Granddaughter

Spaceship with Aliens

Bunny Slippers

I'll add more to the list when I figure out what else to make. I should be able to do these fairly quick since they are small projects.

What would be a good sweater/cardigan pattern for my 12 year old granddaughter? Does anything pop into anyones mind? I'll check at Ravelry to see if I can spot something good.

Pics of the doll clothes and Cradle Purse I finished

Beautiful work! I love them all.

I'm still here. Can't say I've gotten a lot done. Here's my updated/revised list:

1. MIL Shawl - 98% Talked DH into doing the fringe. Is that cheating??

2. Dad's Flannelghan - 35%

3. Mom's Homespun Afghan - 0% Changed my mind on this. #3 is now Slippers (3 pair) - 33% (1 pr) done

4. SIL Hooded Scarf (2) - 0% I've worked and frogged this 3 times. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Trying to persist, but may change.

5. Stockings (3) - 0%

6. Set of washcloths - 15%

7. 5-Piece Bath Set - 10%

8. FIL Flannelghan - 10%

9. Skater beanie (3) - 10%

Awwww look at the doll clothes they are all so cute.

I am a little bit behind on my list my daughter was in the hossy this pass weekend and the last thing on my mind was crocheting now she is feeling better and back home so I want to get back to my list for sure.

DD shirt 75%

Niece blanket 10%

Me shrap 25%

I may add more to my list since I took some off my list.:)

Some pics on here show up for me and others don't. I can't see the cradle purse and doll clothes. Which pic thing do you use. Maybe if I add it I'll be able to see more of the pics that are posted.

I know what WIP is but what is WIM?

I love those. I think I have that same doll! :manyheart.

You should join my Yahoo group and share your patterns if they are your own (and if you are not a seller of course). Those are just amazing.

If you sell your patterns you could promote them in the group too :wlol

No not a seller, and I don't write patterns down, just go with trial and error until it looks like I want. I keep saying I should write them down but I am too impatient to get it done, and when I reach the end can't remember how I got there, :lol. I think it must be that senior moments thingee.

Some pics on here show up for me and others don't. I can't see the cradle purse and doll clothes. Which pic thing do you use. Maybe if I add it I'll be able to see more of the pics that are posted.

I use photobucket

Archived