Project Athena - baby blankets

CrisKad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Will be mailing blankets Monday

Hi kwoolls, I haven't rcvd them. I am wondering if my post office lost it? I thought maybe they'd been delayed, but am worried now that its been a few weeks since you posted this.

i will try and get a couple done and send them to you but will be after the first of the year. is this going to be a year round project? please pm with your addy so i can get the blankets in the mail when i have them done. i am going to put this on my calender.

Hi, I haven't forgotten about you...I have then all washed and bagged...

Not enough time in a day for me but i will try to get them out by Monday.

Sorry for my delay

Hi, I haven't forgotten about you...I have then all washed and bagged...

Not enough time in a day for me but i will try to get them out by Monday.

Sorry for my delay

No problem! There was no rush at all since it is a year round project. I was just worried my mailman had misplaced them. Hubby and I have been missing quite a bit of mail over the last few weeks, so I was just worried.

Take your time in sending them. Christmas is coming and we're all busy!

Pm me your mailing address... I am kinda busy right now, but right after Christmas I can start to work on some blankets or at least some squares.

I have plenty of sport weight, odds and ends, so I might be able to start with squares so I can get rid of them :D

Then I can go shopping for more :P

I saw the photos of beautiful blankets on post #25. I cannot find a pattern for a blanket like that. I already looked at books at some local craft stores and online (anniesattic).

Anyone would like to share that pattern with me?:P

2kute, a member here by the name of Aggie May has an awesome round riipple pattern. If you just send her a private message, she will send you the pattern. The blankets can be any design you want to do, not just round ripples. Thanks so much!!

Christina, I am taking any size squares. I have a variety of sizes and can find matching squares to join with anything you may have avilable. I'll PM you my address.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Warrior Maiden!!! I recieved your square...it's beautiful!!! I'm trying to figure out what yarn will go nicely with it to make it a blanket. Its so pretty! And thank you for the 3 preemie hats. They will go to good use!! It is very much appreciated. As soon as I can post pics, I will.

Cris, Aggie May shared her pattern with me. I already made one. It was a trial run LOL You can check pics on my blog.

I have some squares and hats for you. I'll go to the PO possibly tomorrow.

Sorry I took so long to add pics! I want to thank Warrior Maiden and 2kute for these great squares and hats! Thank you very much!

Warrior Maiden sent this awesome huge square and matching preemie hats, The yarn is just beautiful!

IMG_0119.jpg

2kute sent these awesome squares and preemie hats in the softest softest yarn! Gorgeous!

]IMG_0118.jpg

:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly have to say that I am overwhelmed by the generosity of you ladies. I was breathless when I saw all the work you ladies did and how you generously donated them to these babies. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Nnt, the hats are perfect! The variety of sizes is wonderful for all the teeny preemies. Thank you so so much!

From nnt:

IMG_0163.jpg

Kwools, I cannot even express how my mouth dropped open at the sheer amount of blankets you sent. Thank you so much!

From Kwools:

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Thank you, thank you! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived