Project Athena - baby blankets

CrisKad

I was working on a shawl following a pattern and I used different yarn than suggested. It just isn't coming out right so I decided it can be a baby blanket - then i saw this post.

I will bring it when we go to Smiley's. Right now its 27" x 22" - I am going to add a border

Will that size be OK for your charity -

That's perfect! Thanks so much Janet! :manyheart

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rcvd three gorgeous blankets from Wales today postmarked in March. I'm not sure who sent it! Was it you squirrel?

I love love love this motif blanket! Where can I buy this pattern? Is it in a book? Those hands in the picture are my DD's. She loves the blanket as well! A very lucky baby will get to take this home!

2474076173_5ec9948e83_m.jpg

Love this one too! The motifs are so pretty!

2474891074_16629531cf_m.jpg

I love the "painted" look of this blanket!

2474892878_92dd5daebc_m.jpg

Thank you so so much! These will keep more babies warm!

Hi! I'd like to help. I can't guarantee anything for a while because of wedding projects, but after June I'm sure I can put some things together and maybe get a couple of friends involved in either donating yarn or items.

I rcvd three gorgeous blankets from Wales today postmarked in March. I'm not sure who sent it! Was it you squirrel?

I love love love this motif blanket! Where can I buy this pattern? Is it in a book? Those hands in the picture are my DD's. She loves the blanket as well! A very lucky baby will get to take this home!

2474076173_5ec9948e83_m.jpg

Love this one too! The motifs are so pretty!

2474891074_16629531cf_m.jpg

I love the "painted" look of this blanket!

2474892878_92dd5daebc_m.jpg

Thank you so so much! These will keep more babies warm!

Glad you liked them, I'm amazed they got there so quick, I only posted them Saturday.

(The motif was from an ancient crochet book I can't remember the name of - I'm at work at the mo, skivving again :devil)

Hi! I'd like to help. I can't guarantee anything for a while because of wedding projects, but after June I'm sure I can put some things together and maybe get a couple of friends involved in either donating yarn or items.

Thanks Robyn! Its no rush, we're a year long charity! :)

Glad you liked them, I'm amazed they got there so quick, I only posted them Saturday.

(The motif was from an ancient crochet book I can't remember the name of - I'm at work at the mo, skivving again :devil)

Wow, it did get here fast then! I was just confused because the post office mistakenly wrote March instead of May! I looked like this, :think.

If you find the name of the book whenever you can, please let me know. I'd love to search for it. Even my DH said WOW when I opened it up!

Those blankets are just beautiful !!! :cheer Makes me want to have a baby myself - NOT :lol:lol

:D You can have one and give it to me! I love kids! :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you find the name of the book whenever you can, please let me know. I'd love to search for it. Even my DH said WOW when I opened it up!

The motif is called "Ice Crystal" from "The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches", ISBN 0-7111-0028-4. :yarn

The motif is called "Ice Crystal" from "The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches", ISBN 0-7111-0028-4. :yarn

Thank you thank you thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

th_HPIM0553.jpg

Chris, would you like me to wash this before sending it to you? It's 24 inches across and made in Baby Soft.

th_HPIM0553.jpg

Chris, would you like me to wash this before sending it to you? It's 24 inches across and made in Baby Soft.

Judianne, its beautiful! No, you don't need to wash it. I can do that here. Thank you so so much! :manyheart

Judianne, its beautiful! No, you don't need to wash it. I can do that here. Thank you so so much! :manyheart

I enjoyed making it - it'll be on its way to you tomorrow...:hook

Archived