Wedding Gift?

Hello all! My aunt is getting married next month and I would like to crochet something as a gift for her. She has not told anyone what colors she plans to use to decorate her house, and I need a project that I could work up pretty quickly (I've got two or three other projects going on at the same time). Any suggestions? I am thinking something white would be best. I would prefer yarn to thread simply because I haven't any experience with thread and don't want this to be an experimental project. My aunt's gift requests have been entirely for gift cards and certificates so she can select her own items, but I would like to give her something small and personal.

You could make her a pillow, that wouldn't take a lot of time or yarn and crochet pattern central has some pretty 12 inch squares that would make pretty pillows.

:frog

I realize they're made from thread, but you can work up a wedding garter in no time, depending on the pattern you choose. I usually make them in blue, so their "something blue" is taken care of for the bride. (Give her a store-bought, cheap garter to throw.)

How about a pillow? I have a neat filet pattern, it's wedding bells. You crochet it, then sew it on a already made pillow. Or you could do towel edgings, or pillow case edgings and stitch them on a set for her. My great aunt made me a set of pillow cases, and I loved them :D Maybe purchase a family bible for them and stitch a cover or bookmark? Let's see...a small lingere bag? Some smell good sachets for her closet could be crocheted, or even a garter for the special day!!

Hope this helps!

Donna

In the latest issue of Crochet World (June 2005) there are several bridal patterns; fingerless gloves, headband, wedding album cover (done in filet crochet w/thread which says Our Wedding Day and then the date. There's also a pattern for a Lover's Knot Shawl and an afghan called Heart Strings (rows of puff hearts)

Those are all great ideas! I think I am going to make a couple of sachets, as they are pretty, easy, quick, and it doesn't matter if they don't match decor, since they go inside drawers. What do you all think? Good idea?

Archived