WHiMSiCal Crochet Hook

I've been thinking about trying that with some of my steel hooks, not nearly so fancy of course. But I could do a custom fit that way, too, and not have to worry about finding those foam cushions which aren't be stocked in my area these days.

I just bought some Crayola magic foam, or whatever it's called. I plan on doing a hook to try. It is supposed to dry spongy. Also I heard Sculpey makes a soft clay that dries soft. That would be good too.

Actually I just got done making them. I tried shoving the hook through the clay "worm" but that didn't work. So I just wrapped it around the hook, making sure to pinch the seam. Then I rolled a few times on the table. I did not use my own hand shape, because what if I don't hold it in same spot again, might feel weird. I will post pics after I know it worked.

sharon:time

I figured after I shaped it around, I'd use it for a couple hours to get the shape naturally. Then bake it, keep my fingers crossed and hope it works out. Of course, this is all theory and conjecture at this point. Sharon, I can't wait to see how your's come out. :))

i just had a pack in my hand when I was walking around Walmart a few minutes. But when I got to the register, I decided, do I want Margeritas at my book party, or have clay. LOL

I choose the margeritas,and willl get the clay next week. :D!

Oh you guys my hubby is so good at making clay things I need him to make some some cool hooks. He usually just sits with some clay makes something balls it up and starts over agin it's just realxing to him.Thanks for the idea:hug

I bought a couple with dolphins on them, very similiar to those you posted. They aren't very comfortable to work with but sure are pretty to look at as decorations. :knit

Archived