yarn outlet in old fort nc

Elmore-Pisgah, the makers of Peaches & Cream 100% cotton yarn is located at Old Fort, N.C. Perhaps that's who you are referring to. If so, please take Tampa Doll and I with you! We'll be good! :devil

In addition to the P&C, they also have other weights of cotton yarn, rayon chenille, rayon worsted weight, rayon thread, and cotton thread.

OK, here's my advise...Either make sure that the back seat AND trunk of your car is empty upon arrival or tow a trailer behind the vehicle. You'll need it! You could also ask them to mail your purchases home to you...but then you wouldn't get to play with them on your trip.

I'm SO JEALOUS!

Elmore-Pisgah, the makers of Peaches & Cream 100% cotton yarn is located at Old Fort, N.C. ..........

........Either make sure that the back seat AND trunk of your car is empty upon arrival or tow a trailer behind the vehicle. You'll need it! You could also ask them to mail your purchases home to you...but then you wouldn't get to play with them on your trip.

Or she could use a car-top carrier. I have a Thule (brandname) that isn't currently being used.. I could be bribed for its' use.. lol

I'm SO JEALOUS!
Me too! But I don't know if I'm more jealous that she's getting to go.. or that her husband is suggesting that they stop!!

I wanna go - me to - wanna go. I ordered from them for the first time - five of the grab bags for $2.19 each I think - OMG - so great - I so want to order more, but I have to use up some of what I have first. Don't know exactly where Old Fort is, but I think a road trip is required and everyone can meet there and we can crochet away at a motel for the weekend or week or month or........

:clap:hiPlease, Please, Please take me:hi I will be good. I promise only to :droolwhen we get in the store.

I told DH he is lucky that we are 10 1/2 hours away:drive , Yeah I checked map quest. He said yeah, or I would be there everyday.

Check out the size 5 (like sports weight) perle cotton. I knowyou have never felt anything so soft.

Oh man I am so jealouse. Make sure you take your camera and get pictures of the place. Inside and out, aisles of yarn.

Boy I do love this place.:sigh Maybe someday.

10 1/2 doesn't sound bad. We're 13 1/2 hours from here in ne texas. But only 7 3/4 from where my dd goes to college.. hmmmmm

I think I'll have hubby watch for a conference in that part of the US..

I'm expecting to see on the news that Mapquest has been deluged with requests for routes to Old Fort N.C. and now the Dept. of Homeland Security has been sent to investigate!

My husband preaches sometimes in Old Fort ( Bat cave actually)... and I never knew:eek:eek I must live in the dark ages around here... We are going up there Nov 9.. glad I have time to start saving my pennies!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

it is a small place. a small room with shelves showing all of their products. tons of peaches and cream cones, some mill ends, and some beautiful mercerized cotton jewel yarn, among other things. you can buy off the shelf and/or pick out other things and they will get you the first quality yarn from the back. i bought a cone of black cotton (6.00) and two color cards for their mercerized cotton and rayon super petalspun. (8.00 and 4.00, worth it to see the true colors). i plan to order some of both of the last two once i figure out how much i need. they gave me a catalog, and i met a very nice woman named Flo who answered all of my questions. there were several other really nice people working there. i will go back there the next chance i get - only i will be better prepared. i'm sorry i didn't take any pics - i forgot to charge the batteries for the camera. if you get the chance, go by.

Archived