My friends mom is dying...**Please see new Thread!!** Finally Long Awaited- Tracy's B

Lov2Crochet

please send me your address and I will get at least one to you for this.

Thank you for the square, much appreciated. I can't express enough how thankful I am to everyone that has sent me squares. Tracy is going to love the 'ghan and it just shows how much people still do care about one another. :hug

DSC03486.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy that you are going to be able to use the squares that I sent. :yes The credit goes to the talented ladies that design the patterns..:clap The yellow/brown square is called: "Fall Flower Square" by Melanie Stiles and the light sage one is #47 on Jean Leinhauser book "101 Crochet Squares". Sending squares for comforghan is very rewarding. Thank YOU for allowing me to do so..:yay

Hugs from:hug

Eneida

I sent out six today all different patterns hope they work out!

Received the squares today, thank you very much, very generous of you to send so many, I know we all have other projects going right now, much appreciated. :hug

DSC03487.jpg

lindsey i sent the squares out today, sorry didn;t get to the po before, am working hard on my craft room to get it organized so i can get my new sewing machine hubby promised me for getting rid of all my stuff:eek:eek:eek

lindsey i sent the squares out today, sorry didn;t get to the po before, am working hard on my craft room to get it organized so i can get my new sewing machine hubby promised me for getting rid of all my stuff:eek:eek:eek

No problem, don't worry about it. I am busy with other projects as well. I just bought the yarn to edge and piece the afghan together last night so I still have a lot of work ahead of me before its done. Thank you for letting me know!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to get a square out to you, but I can send you prayers and hugs, for you and Tracy and her mom.

I'm going through something similar. My Gram had her kidney removed in July due to cancer and when they did a second bone scan a month or so later, it wasn't good. She's got very aggressive bone cancer througout. I know how tough a time this is and how important :hugs are.

I want to make her a comfortghan to let her know I am thinking of her.

I was thinking 8" squares, any pattern done with WW 4-ply yarn. Colors preferred- Earth Tones, Cream, Sage (green), Plum, Maroon, dark red, darker toned down colors. No bright, flouresant colors.

Please PM me if you would like to help me out. Thanks

am PMing you right now

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to get a square out to you, but I can send you prayers and hugs, for you and Tracy and her mom.

I'm going through something similar. My Gram had her kidney removed in July due to cancer and when they did a second bone scan a month or so later, it wasn't good. She's got very aggressive bone cancer througout. I know how tough a time this is and how important :hugs are.

Thank you for the prayers, they are just as good as squares at a time like this. :hug

Ok, I really need to get to working on edging the squares b/c this is the latest news about Tracy's mom that she posted on another board. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was on Monday:

mom had a bad day today. She didn't want to see me, and she is having some shortness of breath. She has also been vomiting and not feeling well.

She has chemo on friday, and I am going to be there for her, no matter what she says.

I am feeling like a cloud of fog is surrounding me. I can't hardly stand to think of what is happening to her. This is so hard.

My sister in law is getting married the 3rd of november, and my mom really wants to come. I am her matron of honor, I got my dress today and went to see a movie with Dh.

My aunts are setting us up with web cams so mom and I can talk, when she feels up to it, with out all the trouble of my kids being there, wearing her out.

I am looking forward to friday-so I get to see her with or without her permission, but I am not looking forward to what may happen after her chemo, if her liver starts to fail.

I will just keep praying and stay hopeful. At least the radiation shrunk her brain tumors enough to give us her mind back.

The radiation dr says we are hoping for a year, but my aunt is telling me that she may not be here for christmas.

I feel like people are treating me like a child, but then I realize its because I am in denial with my mom. She tells me she will pull through, and guess what, I believe her- because she is my mom- and she has always told the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was yesterday:

I just got back from visiting mom. She is in the hospital with dehydration, an infection and severe constipation. I got a call half way (it takes 3.5 hours) and her finace asked me to stop and pick up her hair (wig) I guess she lost most of her hair this morning in the shower.

Quentin and I sat with her all day, she slept most of it, and woke up a few times to ask me things about what I am assuming she was dreaming about, because they didn't make any sense to me.

They are worried about her blood plates count, and since she has been severly constipated for almost 2 weeks, they are afraid she will tear trying to have a bowel movement, and bleed to death, so they are preparing for a blood transfusion in that case.

She isn't having chemo on friday because of the low blood issue.

I got to give her two huge hugs and kisses and sit with her for several hours. She kicked me out of the room at one point, but other than that, the visit was wonderful.

Received your squares today, thank you so much for sending so many, they are all neat patterns. :hug

DSC03489.jpg

how sad she has to see her suffer like this, am praying for your friend and her family. i hope the ghan will perk her up a little knowing that many people care about them' sending them lots of :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Your square will be in the mail tomorrow...sorry it took over a week, but I finally got it done and packaged. Today is a big football game here, Mark is the trainer for the football team, so we have been really busy today getting ready for homecoming game. Hope you like the square, if it's too late, maybe you can use it for something else or gift it to someone. ;)

OOps...I made you two squares, not one. I got you mixed up with the other ones I am working on. So, expect two squares. :yes

Thanks hon! Don't worry about it, I am still in the process of edging, (got 11 done!) and I am still waiting on at least 3 more people so yours will be used. Thank you so much!

Lindsay, the 2 squares are in today's mail as promised. They are both the Circle of Friends pattern and one is in Bernat SV Natural and the other is RHSS Claret. I love the Claret. It is such a gorgeous color.

And by the way, you can thank my friend Vicki aka mythunderbird for my participation. I might not have found your request if I hadn't been looking for Vicki.

I am praying for your friend and her mom and all the family. I went through this when my mom was 76 (I was 36) and it was very difficult even though I knew she was ready to go and that she would no longer be in pain. But to go through it when your mom is only 50...I can't imagine. I'm almost 61 and it's hard to think of my DH, 40yo DD and 38yo DS plus 3 grandchildren having to deal with something like this.

You are a wonderful friend to stand by her side during this time. God bless you!:hug

Lindsay, the 2 squares are in today's mail as promised. They are both the Circle of Friends pattern and one is in Bernat SV Natural and the other is RHSS Claret. I love the Claret. It is such a gorgeous color.

And by the way, you can thank my friend Vicki aka mythunderbird for my participation. I might not have found your request if I hadn't been looking for Vicki.

I am praying for your friend and her mom and all the family. I went through this when my mom was 76 (I was 36) and it was very difficult even though I knew she was ready to go and that she would no longer be in pain. But to go through it when your mom is only 50...I can't imagine. I'm almost 61 and it's hard to think of my DH, 40yo DD and 38yo DS plus 3 grandchildren having to deal with something like this.

You are a wonderful friend to stand by her side during this time. God bless you!:hug

Thank you very much! :hug

Received your squares today, they are great, thank you! :hug I already edged them so here is a pic.

DSC03506.jpg

DSC03500.jpg

Your square will be in the mail tomorrow...sorry it took over a week, but I finally got it done and packaged. Today is a big football game here, Mark is the trainer for the football team, so we have been really busy today getting ready for homecoming game. Hope you like the square, if it's too late, maybe you can use it for something else or gift it to someone. ;)

Received your squares today, they are great, I have been wanting to try that heart pattern but haven't yet. The flower one is pretty too, thank you!

DSC03503.jpg

Thanks, I'm so glad you liked them. I enjoyed making them and wish I would have had more time tomake more. The heart one was really easy to make...I'm thinking about making some with all my leftovers and making a lapghan for myself. I like the flower one too, it was also easy. Looks like you got lots of pretty ones and the blanket will be gorgeous.:hug

Thanks, I'm so glad you liked them. I enjoyed making them and wish I would have had more time tomake more. The heart one was really easy to make...I'm thinking about making some with all my leftovers and making a lapghan for myself. I like the flower one too, it was also easy. Looks like you got lots of pretty ones and the blanket will be gorgeous.:hug

What patterns did you use for both squares?

Archived